You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

sewer hose

Bought a Rhinoflex sewer hose, however it's bayonet fitting is smaller than the coaches. Is there a 'off the shelf' hose with fittings that will fit the Newell?

marc & shari popejoy
western Oklahoma
1987 Newell #135

Yes there are and it is hit or miss to find one.Never found a specific brand although one of them is a Thetford and the other ? When replaced I will use the hose that Dupree sells

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

I had the same problem with my 93 after I bought it. The sewer hose fitting on the coach was made by Thetford and was a higher end fitting, but an odd size. The only answer I could come up with was to either rework the plumbing in the coach or change the end fitting on the Rhino hose to a Thetford. I chose to do the latter for now. Since my sewer valves are also Thetford and I've had one leak and found parts a little hard to come by I'm planning on switching to all standard fittings sometime soon when I feel like messing about with the *******.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Well, never gave it any consideration about having multiple sizes for the fittings.

marc & shari popejoy
western Oklahoma
1987 Newell #135

Of the three ( I know - small, small number ) Amazon purchasers - none were very happy w/the Thetford stuff.

Do you think they some were trying to fit to the smaller bayonet fittings? That would be a mess....

http://www.amazon.com/Thetford-17728-Sma...uto_text_y

marc & shari popejoy
western Oklahoma
1987 Newell #135

I just put a Rhino hose on the Thedford adapter.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

The sewer hose connection used by most RV's (all low and mid-price range RV's) are a Valterra type fitting. IF you have the space (mine doesn't) you can get a Thetford to Valterra hose adapter. Thetford fittings are very well made connectors but they aren't nearly as easy to find. I bought extra Thetford hose end connectors and carry them with me in case I need to purchase a new sewer hose and only Valterra connectors are available. I had Thetford connectors on my 3 Airstreams so I was not surprised when I found that Newell had used them. I like Thetford connectors but they can be a pain to find in a pinch.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

You can find all your Thetford fitting HERE. I use the Rhino sewer hose system, and a Thetford 45 degree connector to connect to my Thetford sewer connections on the coach. You can also buy a Thetford to Valterra adapter on this site, which I also have and use on occasion.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Measure twice, buy once!

I am at a complete loss regarding the sewer system. Is there a company name that I should be looking for? I think my hose has a six pin bayonet mount. I would love to get a better hose and associated fittings...but I don't even know what to ask for. Can one of the more expert gurus chime in?

In the best case, pictures, model numbers associated vendors / suppliers would be welcome.

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama