You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Which Grohe faucet is this?

I noticed today that this one is leaking from inside the fitting. No water noticeable outside but when you turn it on there is water leaking. You can see the water leak when you look up into the cabinet.
Any idea which model number this is?
Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Picture???

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Thanks Steve.
I got the handle off and pulled the cartridge out. Looks like the rubber seal piece is pinched and it is leaking from that. Can I possibly find just the rubber seals? Or have to buy a new cartridge?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest,
It is a Grohe with a lifetime warranty. Call Grohe. Tell them the cartridge is leaking when you turn it on and they will send you the needed parts.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Seems like a logical thread to utilize.  We currently have a small leak on the cold side of one of the bathroom sinks when the valve is cracked open.  There is no visible set screw holding the handle on and moderate application of force does not dislodge the handle to expose the lower portion of the valve.  Advice would be appreciated.  After a month's wait on Grohe thought I'd bother my guru friends.  Here's a photo of the valve in question.

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer" 

i dont recognize that valve, but the bathroom faucets in mine are delta. the shower and kitchen sink are grohe

try looking in the box of manuals with the coach. it had some of my faucets in it

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

No data in the coach manuals about the bathroom sink faucets. Plenty of other reading material. Even found a manual for a sub woofer in there. I'd discovered the sub-woofer uner the dinette seat a few weeks ago.

Sandy and Bob McBratney

Try unscrewing the long portion or the short cap on the horizontal part of the handle to access set screw

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Sandy and Bob,
I have a similar HW knob in my full bath that has a small leak when on. It is round though. I suspect how yours will come off is how mine will too. This was low on my priority list but I'll move it up some to possibly help you. I'll look deeper into this and see if I figure out an answer.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Yea, another simple solution. Big Grin Big Grin It takes so little to make me happy.

Hank, no need for you to move the faucet up on your list.  Richard, in his usual deductive reasoning way, solved the problem.  The small end of the handle unscrews.  It just needed a cloth or chamois cover over the pliers to keep from scratching the cap and lefty loosy it was off!

Sandy and Bob McBratney