You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Part for drivers seat

My 97 coach has an air leak from the seat switch/valve that controls the lumbar cushions. It needs to be replaced. It is a isringhausen seat. Called distributor they wanted pictures and possible s/no from seat couldn't find any numbers but sent pics. Anyone have a seat similar to this one and have you any manual or parts breakdown. Any suggestions? See pic below at attachments

I bought my seat parts for a similar problem on a little newer seat from a Volvo truck parts department in Florida 3 years ago. They were less than half the price for the identical part

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

I am in the middle of a similar issue with a recaro seat. I give you the punch line first. I ended up buying air paddle switches on ebay that the car lowering crowd uses. They are larger than the isri switch that you pictured but it could be made to work.

Google isri 6800 workshop and you'll find a manual. A couple of posters on POG said they got the parts from Prevost at around 100 bucks per switch. Ouch.

Obtaining parts from recaro has been a goose chase. They don't sell to the public. The distributors they use in the states don't sell easily to john public, so I had to set up an an account only to learn the switch was overpriced, hence my route with the aftermarket paddle switch.

In my case with the recaro, it has a truly over complicated system for a air suspension seat and I am bypassing the complication and simply manually inflating the air suspension. The over complication is that recaro uses a electronic mechanism to monitor seat height and automatically adjust air in or out or the bag to compensate. It also provides electronic adjustment to the rebound shock on the air seat mechanism. Talk about the German overengineered solution to a problem. After getting the paddle switches I did find some NOS parts on fleabay for some of the mechanisms. I bought them because they were cheap and I wanted to see how it was supposed to work.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

as richard and steve b knows i have had problems with my air seat.

the parts are non existent now. i have talked to isri tech support and the seat i have is for a volvo truck and they dont make parts and evidently they sold what was left to a truck parts company in the midwest and i contacted them and they do not have any parts left.

here is the pdf for the seat i have

tom

Attached Files

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Do as I did and call every Volvo truck place parts dept until you find what you need. I only called 3 places to find the entire guts, but it was 3 years ago though....

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

those guts are really pricey, werent they larry?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

My ISRI seat has the same lumbar controls but the seat adjustment switches look like they were replaced.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

The air control valve was $495 if I recall. Ouch !!!

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

Forest yours looks exactly like mine the lumbar switches are leaking air if I can't find the replacement I will cap it. I don't use the lumbar adjustment in my car or my coach.

It's pretty easy to "jerryrig" the air tubing to keep the bladders filled even with the actuator and controls not working. I re routed the air lines to detour the controls and kept the bladders filled while I hunted for parts. Just takes a few fittings to rig it without controls

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S