You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

I am having a hard time finding a price for the vmspc. I know it has a free download, which I've done but what does one do after that?

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Www.rvupgrades.com. 306 dollars. You have to know if you wanr a plug or hardwire it in

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom, thanks. I know it was sort of a stupid question and it is Saturday otherwise I would have called silverleaf or some of the others I saw in the Gurus search. I was having trouble finding any prices. I don't know weather or not I will hard wire it but notice in one of your post that the plug is about $30.00 from Silverleaf.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

For some reason Silverleaf has hidden the price on their website. It makes no sense to me, but I experienced the same thing when I was buying a new one last month. Call silverleaf, they have a plug specific for the rectangular plug that Newell chose to use, but that plug is not what normally comes in the kit.

I went the easy route, and used the rectangular plug, then simply unscrewed the port from it's location in under the dash above the accelerator and moved it under the dash so the cord wouldn't show.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Next to my DD plug, I have two thing I would like to know more about, as to what they do and how they work?    

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

btw, rvupgrades is considerably cheaper than buying direct from silverleaf. and you can buy any of the pigtail adapters from them too even if they are not on their website.

tom

chappell,

the one on the right is a electric brake controller. and the one on the left is a remco transmission pump controller for a toad

tom

Thanks Tom. That answers my question. I have two 120 volt plugs on the rear of my coach next to the receiver and they are factory because they are on the printed list of the breakers. I also have a round piece of steel coming off to the right of the receiver which I do not know what it was used for. I have not seen this on any other coach. It also looks factory. Any help there would be appreciated.        

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

chappell, the electric brake controller and the 2 120v plugs you have are NOT related to each other. the electric brake controller is 12v and uses one of the pins in the trailer plug.

those 120v receptacles and breakers are to supply 120v power to the trailer when parked. i assume they pulled a large enclosed trailer or stacker or something like that. though of course you could use them for anything. if it was me, i would keep those two breakers off unless using those receptacles.

tom

Thanks Tom, they are off.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot