You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell to Increase Production

According to RV Business, for the first time since 2008, Newell has decided to increase production. For the past 5 years, Newell has produced 24 coaches per year. Beginning today, April 1, Newell will increase production to 26 coaches per year. If the sales trends continue, Newell will incrementally increase production up to 30 coaches per year in 2015.

For the first time in many years, Newell is selling their show coaches before they make it through the production line. According to Karl Blade, Newell is now the market sales leader among ultra-luxury motorhomes.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Goes to show you that " quality is always the best value".

They are building another shop (expansion) also

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

Is the new shop for service or production?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

When I was ordering my coach in October they were talking about breaking ground on a new production facility on the adjacent property they have. I understand there is currently a 13 month wait for a new ordered coach. Go Newell!

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Has any one else noticed that Newell's are holding their value better than Prevost conversions? Used to be a five year old Newell sold for less than a Prevost conversion of the same year. Now a similar year Newell seems to sell for the same or more than a similar year Prevost conversion. This is surprising to me as Prevost conversions usually sell for more than a Newell when new.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I am noticing fewer early '90's for sale & late 80's are now bringing a lot higher prices. I think 3rd or 4th qtr last year was probably buyers "sweet spot" for an older Newell.

I have noticed this and as a recent buyer that had 2 Prevost my thought are as follows. There is no question that a Prevost shell is a piece if quality. It is not perfect and it took me two years to get the bugs worked out as best I could on the shell side. Not exactly what one would expect for a 550k plus for a two slide shell. Prevost was very good at handling the issues and providing warranty and reimbursement when necessary.
On the conversion side it also took 2 years to get all the systems working properly and my first punch list after havering the coach for one month was four typed pages long. Prevost makes 100's of RV / Entertainer shells every year.
Newell builds at most 30 coaches from the ground up to be a motor home first and the very best ride second. After one gets over the Prevost break up it becomes clear that Newell is a special company. With limited production and a growing reputation for quality not only amongst the high end coach community, but the racing and star community as well. As the demand is growing faster than supply. I believe this is why the new coaches sell so fast and late model the pre owned coaches are moving fast as well.
I am on both blogs of Newell owners and Prevost owners and I do not hear of as many issues with the Newell's. I know some of this is a numbers game, I understand clearly there are 5 times as many Prevost RV's as Newell's. They are all mechanical devices that will fail at some point.
We really are looking to going camping and not having to fix something on every trip and having a punch list pages long at the end of each season. We all hope the trend will continue.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Doug,

This was a very insightful comment on the relative problems between the two. I am not a Newell chest thumper and I have real world expectations about the construction and the issues that come with a complicated chassis with three electrical and two water systems that vibrates all the time.

I just kind of assumed that because the numbers were much higher on the Prevosts that the issues would be worked out relative to the chassis. The converter side is a different story, and my opinion is that Newell's slow evolution in changes actually works for us. It doesn't differentiate the years and models as much, but it does help to iron out major design and fabrication approaches.

It will interesting when you take delivery of your baby to be able to contrast the Newell to the Prevost ownership experience.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I am cautiously optimistic. Very excited and hope that the tools can stay in their place!

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex