You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach Insurance

Guys,

I have been moving some insurance around and it made me start thinking about coach insurance. I have mine insured with Geico right now since Progressive was almost three times as much. Currently I pay around $1100 / year for a 2003.

Am I missing the boat on RV insurance? Are there other companies that you guys have had good luck with? What happens if you have a claim...I doubt I would let anyone other than Newell work on a broken coach...but I am not sure the insurance company would agree with me.

Geico gave me a significant discount for taking an online safe driving course. (Complete waste of time, but did net me another 10% discount).

Anyway...I would love to hear your good experiences!

cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

hi bill,

i did some checking around this year when i got my 02. my primary carrier was too expensive for the coach. i tried a number of places and the one i have been using was the cheapest. i used explorer rv insurance company through fmca and the underwriter is national interstate. only claims i have made are on windshields.

i pay about the same as you do and that include pretty high limits and zero deductible glass.

i dont think you are missing the boat...

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I just renewed my insurance with National Interstate for $1,447. $1,000 deductible and I have glass insurance. No claim experience.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Try Good Sams GMAC Ins. My 1998 Newell is under &900.00 a year.

hi all,

i just renewed my insurance and did some shopping around. of course, price varies by state, coverage, history, credit rating etc so hard to totally compare

i had been with national interstate and they raised my rates up to $1500.

i have 500k limits and highest on everything else. there are also games to be played on deductibles with taking higher ones and paying for an excelerated dimenishing schedule.

i followed a thread on the wanderlodge site talking about bluesky insurance company. seems like a lot of the bluebird guys use them. i also called newell and they recommended thumb insurance company that when i got a quote it was a broker for bluesky.

i ended up with the same coverage i had at essentially the same value (declared) and i did a 2500 deductible that decreases to 1250 at one year and 0 at two years.

that cost me $1175.

i tried good sams and they were more than national interstate for me. same for progressive and others.

sorry i have not been online much lately, i have been having some health problems the last few weeks.

later

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Get well soon.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Tom, glad to have you back online. Hope your are feeling well.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Tom, glad to see you feeling well enough to post again. Hope you continue to feel better each day.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Our GMAC cherging us 2500$ per year !

We started fulltiming 5 months ago and they said policy will be way higher than just using your coach on weekends.

Would love to find out from fulltimers on this forum what they pay for policy.
Best,

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

When we were fulltimers, we were paying about $2100 a year for insurance. It didn't seem to drop that much after we bought a house so we changed insurance companies and the premium dropped about $400-500 a year.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com