You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dryer vent

I had a conversation with Tom when he was visiting about venting a dryer. For some one wanting to add a washer/dryer to their Newell the venting is an issue. My Country Coach had a very attractive vent that I have also seen on Bluebirds. The outside is chrome zinc. The inside is black plastic & has a flap that opens when the dryer is on. The dryer vent hose attaches to the vent. This vent would be easy to install & be attractive. Below is a link to the product at West Marine, but others sell it.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/sto...DwKtMFlQf4

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve, I had one of those installed by the factory on my Safari when I added a washer/dryer. Back in the 90's Newell typically cut into the side of the coach and put a flat aluminum panel operated by a chock cable as the vent so that it was hidden from sight. Certainly trying to reverse engineer that would be a giant pain so I would probably oft for the item you have linked to if I didn't have a vent opening already. I have known some BlueBird owners who vented the dryer down into the rear wheel well to avoid cutting into the steel on the sides of their coaches.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com