You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bathroom Exhaust Fan Inop

The fan over the shower wouldn't come, then I noticed there was a light rain. Ok, must have a rain sensor? Next day I tried it and it worked just fine, next day wouldn't work, no rain. Latter it came on by itself and now won't work at all. Suggestions?

Bob Miller
Previous owner of #390

Bob,
Check to see if the motor is getting 12V. In a shower there can be corrosion. Check all connections for corrosion including the fuse. Is it a Fantastic Fan? If so, and everything else checks out OK, you can call them for tech support. With the erratic behavior it may be the circuit board is going bad & will require replacement.

A few years ago FF would replace the unit free. Unfortunately they sold to Dometic and you'll have to pay to fix it.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

My Fantastic Fan has a thermostat. Don't suppose yous does?

Jimmy

If it's like ours, it is direct switched from the lavatory sink back splash. Our fantastic fans are over the toilet & in the galley. If this is the case I would suspect bad connections or bad switch. As a last resort bad fan motor. But that is a possibility. just have to troubleshoot by eliminating the possibilities until you find the problem or problems.