You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Sun Shade copilot side

The sunshade on the copilot side has failed, will not stay up.

1. Does anyone know who made these?
2. What do I need to disassemble to get to the wires or is there a connection in the shade that will allow me to disconnect them?
3. Any suggestions on replacements if I were to replace both pilot and copilot?

Thanks

Steve and Ardys
2006 Newell #783

What do you mean by not staying up? Are yours power? Have they come loose from the rollers? I have a 96 that are power and the shade had come loose from the roller which I just re glue.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Ron

It dropped to the full down position while we were driving. Power works but does not move the shade.

If re glue fixed yours, how hard to disassemble and fix? I probably won't tackle this until I get home in a couple of weeks.

Thanks

Steve and Ardys
2006 Newell #783

Steve,

Has the material come loose from the roller?

Ron

Don't know for sure. When it dropped it appeared to still be attached, all the shade material did not fall out. We rolled it back and it is now held up with a zip tie.

Steve and Ardys
2006 Newell #783

If the roller is turning and the shade isn't moving the adhesive holding the shade to the roller has likely let go, in my opinion.

I had the shade on the driver's side come down just like you described. The glue holding it to the roller has let go. I reglued it without removing the roller. I painted contact adhesive on the roller and the part of the shade that felt sticky. I then ran the roller in the down position with the switch until it stopped. Then I applied the shade to the roller and rolled it on pressing the two parts together by hand and then rolling it all the way up. Its worked fine since.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

I have done the same things and did not even apply new glue. I just held in place and re roll the shade and now I do not roll all the way down.