You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Refridgerator door problem

Have my bus out of storage and everything looks ok, but cannot open refrigerator. Checked circuit breakers ok. Can't hear the switch when I move to open. Is this electrical or vacuum?

It should be electric. Have you checked the 12 volt fuses. I believe the electric lock is part of the 12 VDC circuit rather than the 120 VAC.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

It is 12 volt but my understanding is no current and it retracts.. Try leaning against the top of the fridge.. Sometimes they get in a bind

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

The leaning trick worked, but still have no "click", so more investigating required. Thank you all that chimed in.

Check the metal tabs on the top of the door they sometimes bend and need to be "adjusted" or more precisely rebent.. I believe it is tied to the "Hobbs" switch on the emergency brake.. It may be an issue there also.. It will only lock when coach is on and brake off.

Marc Newman

Marc
You are right on both counts. Problem fixed and I know another thing to watch for when getting underway. And I thought my 53' Grand Banks was complicated.

Well I don't own a volt meter and am very mechanically declined.. But I can contribute to the forum once and a while.. Glad it worked.. Only reason I knew was had same issue on 507 and Newell told meSmile

Marc Newman