You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Wine Country

You know that you are in Wine Country when you go into a grocery store and there is Wine Tasting! We went to Albertsons yesterday for a few items and there it was, a tasting bar, best deal yet was that it was free.
Wine Country is Fun! and now we are off to a local Winery but it won't be free.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Steve, you left that statement wide open, but I won't go there!!! Enjoying your trip? Sure thought you were a suds guy...

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

When in Rome... we got back from Harmony Cellars and a bit of exploring. Dinner was a bit different with steaks and beer. I have a great Port if you get close we can share it. Tonight I will be back to eating the local fare.
We got lucky and were able to get a few more nights here at the Morro Dunes. Myself acting like a drunken sailor with the extra money from the last assignment with unexpected money, I immediately said yes. Yesterday we went up the coast to San Simeon and the areas around there. Today we are down the coast to Pismo Beach and beyond.

cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

We stayed at a rv park at pismo beach that was pure white sand everywhere. Walked to a bunch of places to eat by a beach in an old downtown. It was a very neat place. Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Kinda sounds like Pismo Coast RV. We stayed across the street at Holiday a few years ago and would not go there again!

We stayed at Pismo Coast RV Park back in December of 2009 for one night on our way home from Washington. It seemed like a nice park....we had a nice view from our spot.....it rained most of the time we were there, but we liked it.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

next time go a few miles up the coast! you will still get the rain but what a great park here at Morro Dunes RV! The view of the Morro rock from our site is amazing, not sure if they can take a 45' though.

Sounds like your fitting right in... Having a good time are we? Yellowstone is big. The weather is cooler. Not much choice for table fare that we can find. Mostly cooking around the coach..Don't know from here to where?

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

(09-01-2012, 08:27 PM)Express1 Wrote:  Sounds like your fitting right in... Having a good time are we? Yellowstone is big. The weather is cooler. Not much choice for table fare that we can find. Mostly cooking around the coach..Don't know from here to where?

We've been in Twin Falls, ID since last Monday at that Rock Creek Park we talked about.....great place! Tomorrow we're heading into Wyoming via I-84 and I-80 to overnight in Evanston, then on to Flaming Gorge National Park for about 8 days....part of the time in an electric only park on the west side $12.00/day for seniors), and the rest dry camping on the east side ($8.00 for 16 days for seniors). Looks like it's about 300 miles southeast of where you are now, Matt. Altitude around 6,200', and temps in high 70's, low 80's.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

While staying at Flaming Gorge, a great side trip would be to Dinasour (spelling ?) National Monument. Nearby and well worth the trip.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica