You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New to guru forum

Judy and I have owned one Prevost conversion and three Newell's. Our current Newell is #793 and is a 2007. We live on a farm near Kearney, MO, where we have a small cow calf operation. We spend the winters at Desert Shores RV Resort in Indio, CA. Our son takes care of our commercial real estate investments and developments, thankfully. We belong to Bus n Biker's and enjoy attending their rallies.

We want to change our flooring in the salon from carpet to either wood laminate and tile, thought we might have someone local do the work rather than spend $10,000 to $15,000 at the factory. Sure could use some advice on what products to ask for and where to get it done more reasonably.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ernie specializes in wood floors for coaches. ernie?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

john, i just emailed you ernies contact info

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

John & Judy,
A big guru welcome to the forum from a fellow Missourian. We live in Golden. A small town with more cows than peeps. Hope you are planning to attend the rally in June which is being held just south of Branson.

Ernie would be my choice for hardwood.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

here I is--

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Welcome John and Judy.

We replaced virtually all of our carpet with wood laminate and have been very pleased. We used to spend a lot of time at Newport Dunes and trying to get the sand out of the carpet was a nightmare. The wood laminate is holding up well after 7 years. The only issue we have ever had was in the bathroom where a water leak in the line feeding the toilet resulted in us having to replace the laminate in the bath due to warping.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Welcome John! As you can already see feller Newell owners are here waiting to help!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

John

Welcome great to see some company in leaving the Prevost cool aide for the Newell juice. This is a great group of folks.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Thanks to everyone for the response and acknowledgment.

Ernie, while in Austin, TX 2 weeks ago at a Bus n Biker's rally, Karl & Alice along with Brian Pitts were in show coachs that had a combination of wood laminate and tile. The tile bordered the slide "crack" so that you could not tell that the crack existed, it was perfect, in my opinion. I took some photos that I would like to send you, via email, if this is something that you would be interested in doing please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your response.

This is for Ernie to see the flooring I was trying to discribe.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)