You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Part of air conditioner system?

There is a unit with two fans mounted on it under my coach in front of the drive axle. Is this part of my basement rear ac system?

No I think that is your transmission cooler.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I thought that was the hydraulic cooler?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Good cause my a/c man could never get under there to check that, glad it's not a/c whatever it is. Thanks

I think Forest has got this one right. The hydraulic fluid gets hot and the heat exchangers near the axle and their electric fans are used to remove excess heat from the fluid. It's a pretty nasty location under there for those fans, but when I tested mine they worked. I really have no idea if they cycle on during normal operation, but I would assume they do. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Ok need a GE ac condenser fan. Shows part #42003 in RVAC service manual. Any suggestions for a source. It's a pusher fan. Help Thanks

Call Chuck Clarke in parts at Newell. He should be able to get you the part #.
Just found the picture I took when Newell replaced the compressor.
Hope this helps.
I think Chester Stone has either found a replacement or was able to get his repaired.
We'll be back to Paincourtville in about a week. Let's get together to see coaches.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

MPBCR, I purchased a Dayton motor, # (1) 3LU73J. I cannot find the purchase invoice but I think it was Graingers. These motors come with a shaft that is extra long and has to be cut to fit the application. I still have the new motor since I was able to have my original rebuilt for small sum. All it needed was new bushings. I took a few photos showing how I got the motor out of the unit and will post them if you are doing the work yourself and would find them useful.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Yes sir I would like to see the pics and Newell gave me a grainger part # I have ordered

can you post the grainger part number you got from newell to see if it was the same chester bought?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH