You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dash AC controls

Gang,

I know that we have talked about this before, but I cannot find the link. My dash AC fan control seems as if it breaks every year. The control works fine except that the fan speed settings for low and medium stop working. Fan only works on High.

Replacing the entire control is the usual fix. (Newell keeps them in stock)

I was hoping someone could tell me what vehicle / year this control set is from.

Thanks!
bill

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Looks like a Ford product to me.

I say the same, Ford product. One would think the parts manager at a local ford store would be able to recognize it.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Gang, Yes it is ford but that is only part of the story.

The problem that I am having (and have had) is that the dash fan only operates on HIGH speed. I thought that they had replaced the whole unit but now I think that it was the Motor Blower Resistor. The resistor is located in the plenum and has a connector on the front and several coil resistors on the back.

I am searching right now for a replacement. Will post a write up when I figure it out.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill,
I have the same exact problem with my HHR. If you have an O'Reilly's, their parts have a lifetime warranty. I have replaced 6 or 7 on the lifetime warranty.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Definitely the resistor. Russ should be able to diagram a simple PWM pulse width modulator that you can make with parts from radio shack. That will fix it permanently.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(05-10-2014, 03:00 PM)bikestuff Wrote:  Gang,  Yes it is ford but that is only part of the story.

The problem that I am having (and have had) is that the dash fan only operates on HIGH speed.  I thought that they had replaced the whole unit but now I think that it was the Motor Blower Resistor.  The resistor is located in the plenum and has a connector on the front and several coil resistors on the back.  

I am searching right now for a replacement.  Will post a write up when I figure it out.

Where/how do you access the blower motor and plenum?

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

Bryan,

If you look on the passenger side of the dash down low below the passenger temperature control. You will (may) find an access panel that is attached with double sided tape. Pull the panel off, and the resistor is right inside.

(At least that is where it is on my coach).

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama