You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Just That Close!

Driving back to the house on my weekly 4.5 hr commute from OKC to Holiday Island I've noticed a 96' at a Tulsa dealership.. always thought I should stop-n-see who knows.. So Thursday I did... Well it turned out to be a very nice looking 96' .... So I went in to the office where a Sales Man was taking a paper off the fax.. he ask if he could help ..I said I'd like to look at the Newell.. He got a funny look..waved the paper.. saying I just sold it..right now... He had lowered the price ..had 6 looks that day and sold it... mmmm Somebody Just just got a Newell..... If you see them give them a Honk! and a wave.. Looks like they got a great coach!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jimmy

Looks like you missed a nice one. Better get that building permit for your shop going.

"He had lowered the price ..had 6 looks that day and sold it" This statement is very common for any one selling a coach in this market. The ten year & older coach market has suffered for two reasons--1) Major lenders will not lend on luxury items that are older than ten years and 2) the drop in home values that has dried up peoples "extra" cash. As Newell prices have continued to fall, I believe there is a buying opportunity of used quality coaches like there has never been before. Good news for buyers--bad news for sellers. I honestly feel that Newell prices have dropped below the value of the quality being purchased. On my last trip I met a guy who had purchased a 5 yr old Heritage at auction for what he thought was 1/2 its true value and an absolute steal! He became unhappy with it & tried to trade it in. He found that it would only bring about 60% of what he paid. I didn't tell him but he had a coach he couldn't trade in & was unhappy with--I had a 13 year old Newell that he would love to have & I am thrilled with--and we paid the same for our coaches 3 years ago!

JMHO...................................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531