You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tool box

Kind of excited, my old stacker trailer had built in drawers and a work area. The new one doesn't have those nicer amenities and in the 2 months I had the other stacker I had manged to use al of the storage. Well tonight I bought my first big boy tool box. Put it in the stacker and fastened it to the wall. It has some really nice casters so I can roll it out or in. I bought it second hand but looks pretty cool. Even has it's own stereo. So anyway here is a pic.. Now I need to filler upSmile

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

What are you going to keep in there? Cigars? Party favors?

Just messing with ya. Come to enough Newell rallies and we'll turn a finance wiz into a gearhead yet.

Nice tool box, but if you do fill it with tools, you'll need your RZR to roll it around. Tools are HEAVY.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Newell told me not to carry tools that they are so good I will not ever need them and you do not want the extra weight. Why would you tow a stacker and put tolls in it? Perhaps to fix the toys. Lol

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

I still say best tool kit to carry is broadband internet connection to look up local services & a cell phone to call them on! But it is a great looking tool box!

and a credit card....

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Maybe a little cash also. Always come in handy.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

having tools really has nothing to do with using them. it is the point that you have everything you might need...and WANT.....just in case.....and just cause.....

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Guys if I told you the story behind the box I think you all will laugh, so here it . I don't think I used own enough tools to fill one drawer but In the last year I had accumulated a few. A bucket full here a ratchet set there.. So I have been looking for a nice box. My local mechanic had an older snap on roll around and he wanted to give me 1500$ and the box for a trailer I have we used to pull the cars on. Well 2 night s ago I saw a box on craigslist with lights, electric power strip, and a stereo asking 1000$. I showed my cousin who is a store manger at lowes and he said it was Kobalt, the largest box they sell and It sells for almost 2000. He had me come to his store and it has the ball bearing drawers and everything. I call the lady up who posted it on craigslist, her husband had bought it in January and recently passed away and just wanted it gone so she didn't have to move it when she moved back to Nebraska next week. I offered 600 she took it. So last night I went and got it. She lives on a little bitty county road in central ark. I took the coach because I had nothing that would pull the stacker except the coach. Went picked it up and brought it home.

This morning I'm unloading the storage bays and loading up the tool box when I realized I couldn't remove the key from the lock in the tool box after I locked it. So I went down to lowes and told them of my issue. The manger there , a different store than my cousins ,told me they will just have to replace the whole box for me. So he ordered me a NEW box and told me it should be in this week and when it does we will just swap them out.. So I kinda feel like I scored big..

Anyway that's the story. A new 2k box for 600 and no sales tax..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Marc Newman

Now if it would have been full of tools......
Great price and great story! And it will weigh a ton when you do fill it up.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I'll need to install book shelves for all of the manuals.. Looked all day today for left handed screw drivers.. Can't find anySad

Marc Newman