You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Supplemental Brakes?
Shocked 

Looking for experiences with Supplemental Braking Systems...Good or Bad. What are you using? Happy? Not?
thanks in advance.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Over the years I have used several systems, but the one I have now is the best and it is SMI Air Force One. Once installed, all I have to do is to connect the air hose from the coach and the break-away cable.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I've towed 75,000 miles with the Roadmaster 9100 system. Less than a minute to install or uninstall and not one single problem.

http://roadmasterinc.com/products/brakin...ake_m.html

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I'm using the ReadyBrake system. It's a simple surge brake system. Easy to hook up and works great. My Z71 with the RZR loaded is 6400#.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I have used the road master break buddy type device not sure

Not sure of the model but it did malfunction once and locked up the breaks on my tow car. I am also going to use Air Force one.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

I am using the M&G system. Easy install. Easy hook up. And I installed the breakaway tank too.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I also use the M&G system as well on a Jeep Wrangler and easy install with no issues.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

i have the m&g system with breakaway as well

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks guys. Looks like most are using a system that utilizes the air brakes on the coach. I have read about issues with some units wearing out the front brakes but this does not appear to be the case with an air system.
I am a little concerned about an air line failure so still not sold.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Steve, the Air Force One system uses the coach air, but is independent from that system in the event of a break away. Their ad says they have the only system that does this and is DOT approved for this reason. It is a proportional system. I suggest you Google SMI Air Force One for more details. It is not the cheapest though.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica