You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Accident?

Heard someone got side swiped on the way down here? Are they ok? Damage?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Not me, but did have a close call. Had someone in the left lane passing me when a lady trying to merge onto 65 obviously didn't see me until I blew my air horn. Cindy said she dumped whatever she was drinking on her lap!

Hope no one was hurt.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

The guy who washed the coach said he saw a Newell being towed. I call that blasphemy

Marc Newman

Dean Patterson had a 18 wheeler hit his tow vehicle. It removed the tow vehicle & the hitch from the back of his Newell. The Pattersons we're not hurt. This happened on their way to the rally.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Glad no one was hurt. Coach go to Miami?

Marc Newman

We are home, need a new tailgate and hitch 7000. Jeep is JUNK. Bent tow bar, total about 25000. See you next year.Will be going to Newell end of July for new tailgate. Dean

Glad to hear you guys aren't hurt. That's truly the important thing. I dumped my bird into a ditch making a turn and did ~$8000 damage to it. Worse yet, pulling it out of the repair shop, I didn't get the angles right and drug the rear, tearing it up again! DOH!! Fortunately, the owner of the shop was very gracious and helped me tremendously in the second repair. He also came in and redid the entrance apron to prevent that from happening again. I would HIGHLY recommend DeShield's frame and truck repair in Oklahoma City. I got their name from a patient of mine who was in the industry (local Peterbuilt dealer who sent ALL their body/frame work to them). They did an outstanding job, even to the point of matching the 6 color paint job on my bird. You truly have to know something happened to see it.

What does the factory have to say about the rear frame on your coach? That certainly took a ton of stress. Again, glad to hear you are okay. Still sucks, but at least you don't have to heal!

06 M450LXi 3 slide

We were looking forward to visiting with you guys again. Very glad only stuff & not you guys got damaged. You can always buy stuff, replacing you guys is impossible!

We are home, Longview Tx. The Coach did not get towed the hitch did get tore off the coach. The bolts were grade 5 I talked to Mike at Newell he said then they used grade 5 now they use grade 8, if the hitch had not came off I think we would had a lot more damage. The frame on the back of the coach looks fine 5 bolts hold the hitch to the frame 4 bolts broke 1 clip tore off the end of the angle iron and that bolt is still there it is a grade 5 bolt. If the bolts had not broke the Jeep would have wraped around the back of the coach. Grade 5 bolts worked for 135k miles, so due Igo back with grade 5 or 8 bolts.The hitch did a job to the tailgate when it came off the coach. Glad it took the Jeep not the side of the Coach.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Dean, sorry this happened but am very glad you all were not injured. I look forward to seeing you at the next rally and hopefully I can learn a few more tricks of the trade with your one pot cooking!

Bill

2003 Ford F250 SD
2001 Honda Civic
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster LT