You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

8V92 Hybrid over heating issue

Update: Newel held hostage day 78. Almost today! We got a call that they should have everything ready for a test drive by 2 pm. At 4 pm they still had most of the exhaust blankets to lace back on as well as some stainless sheeting in engine compartment. No chance for enogh time to test drive & correct any problems today. I told them to take the time to get it right the first time & we will shoot for Monday. Mechanic is working overtime Saturday so maybe an odd chance for tomorrow. I did see the canister that they told me about but didn't have cam to get a pic. It is basically a "water separator" attached to frame on driver side between tag & egine compartment. It has hoses running to it from "air boxes" on each side of the block. It also has a vent cap on it. It catches drainage oil from the air boxes & should be drained every 2-3K miles. Will still try to post a pic when we get the coach back. Now we start negotiations to smooth my ruffled feathers from the extended delays we've been forced to endure.

i beleive that is the slobber tank. i had one on my 90. when i drained it one time i had antifreeze in it and that was when i discovered i had a cracked head.

glad you are getting close to getting done. i would love to be a fly on the wall when you discuss the bill.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom, I agree about the tank.....if the hoses from the tank/cannister go to the "air boxes" then that is most likely what it is.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

and i dont think you need to drain them every 2-3k miles, but others can pipe in.

tom

ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!! Now it will only build 60 psi of air pressure. Maybe Monday. Newell held hostage day 79.

Clint, your gonna be one happy camper when its all finished and your cruising down the highway with it all behind you!! Best of luck with it all!!

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

Tom, I check mine about once a year.....

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

We should be picking coach up today. Michael can you tell me how your pyrometer is set up? I think it might be a wise investment for me.

i put a pyrometer on the 90. you do have to have an extra wire or two to do it. front to rear.

you can put it post or pre turbo. just you have to califbrate yourself as to the temps then. just drilled a hole, had the colloar welded on for the probe, hooked it up and put a guage on the dash and hooked the wires up.

tom

I installed one of these turbocator guages, if you already have a boost guage it pribably not needed but it is nice to have both in one guage. I removed the pipe post turbo, made it easy to weld a fitting on.
http://www.issprogauges.com/mobile/Category.aspx?id=193

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd