You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Front Shocks om 1998

I do not know if the front shocks on a 1998 are the same as a 1999 or not, What I have on mine is Bilstein AK1379, I cannot find them anywhere, I called Newell spoke with parts, they didn't have any, they sent me to service to see what they used to replace them, the man I spoke with didn't know, took my number said he would have a tech that knew call me. There must have not been any because no one ever called.
I took the Koni number I found here for the 1999 but cannot find anyone who stocks them either ? I do not know what to do at this point, any suggestions ? Thank you, Ken 1998 coach # 473

Did you Google the part number?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/product.cfm?id=14017

http://www.nwrvsupply.com/product/AK1379.html

Jimmy

Ken,

I am assuming you have the Dana Kirkstall IFS84 suspension. Can you confirm? Are you opposed to using the Koni shock? The koni shock number is
Front Koni 90-1710SP3
Rear Koni 90-1868
Tag Gabriel 85000 Normal or 89436 Adjustable

Be advised the fronts have to come from Holland and it takes forever. Also in the post about shocks I talk about how the suspension needs be be lowered to allow access to upper shock bolt on the front.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

shock warehouse says they are not in their book anymore.
I purchased 2 from nwrvsupply paid via pay pal 2 days later they cancelled the transaction ...I called they said they were no longer available?

You can buy them from Konirv.com. It takes about 8 weeks to get here. I have two used ones if you want them. I replaced them as a matter of principle.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks everyone, got them at shockwarehouse, You guys are the GREATEST
just another good reason to own a Newell ! I eally appreciate the help.

Front shock update, shock warehouse advised me they had only 6 Bilstein AK1379 left in stock, If anyone needs them.