You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell or Bust!

Hi Folks,

I received a nice personal note from Tom McCloud when I joined the forum and feel it’s incumbent on me to introduce myself. Please don't blame Tom, he couldn't have known any better!

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory, so I’ll not tell you who actually recommended me to come here. I figure if they want you to know they’ll step forward, but don’t expect it!

So if you good folks don’t mind having me around and butting in now and again I will surely appreciate your indulgence!

My background is that of a database developer and builder. So if I seem to get too deep in the weeds on occasion. Just remember that I come from a profession where Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I look forward to meeting each of you and learning all I can about “All That Is Newell”!

Thanks so much,

Harry

Welcome Harry! It's just a shame you didn't find us last month. You could have joined us at our rally on Table Rock lake in Arkansas. We had about 20 Newells there from 1990 up to an '08 the factory brought by. One thing we do at our rallies is have walk-through nights where you can see everyone else's Newell. Lots of fun.
What vintage Newell are you looking for?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Hi Folivier,

So good to hear from you and I wish I could have joined you in Arkansas, that would have been great!

I'm looking for 1999 to 2008. I never thought I'd look at a coach back to 1999 until I saw one in Asheville, NC last week. I asked the owner if it was new and he said "yes, in 1999"! I was one surprise dood I'll tell you that!

I known of Prevost for years but Newell just a few weeks ago and I'm sure happy I've found it...

Thanks for the shout,

Harry

Sounds like you need a little trip to Newell "Mecca" (Miami Oklahoma) The Factory Has a number of fine lightly used coaches, and they will let you play with them! Plus a nice warranty if you fall in love....

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

Yes a trip to "Mecca" is part of my plan. I'm not sure exactly when bit is something I will do for sure!

I understand the folks at Newell are really first class and go out of their way to be helpful.

Harry

As a person on the browse myself, I did the factory tour a couple of months ago. Well worth your time!

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Harry. Glad to see you took us up and joined. I see home base is western NC. I grew up in Seneca and went to school at Clemson but don't hold that agains the rest of the crowd.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Welcome Harry! I can attest to the first class nature of the staff at Miami, OK. Whether you own a Newell, or not, or whether you own a late model, or Classic you will be treated the same. A side benefit of owning a Newell, which we all like to tout from time to time, is the friendships which will develop. I count among some of my best friends those in the Newell family. Don't worry about getting too deep into the weeds with this group.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Welcome aboard Harry. We are always happy to share our knowledge.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thanks everyone, you've made me feel most welcome! I'm a little surprised to see Richard being from Seneca and all, most from Seneca can't string more than a few words together... I'll bet you drive your 99 #512 with bare feet right? Smile Just kidding, I'm a kidder...

Thanks Whatsnewell, that's what I've heard about the Newell plant, makes no difference if you bought new/used 1st or 5th owner, if you own a Newell we're all the same.

Thanks again guys,

Harry