You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

NEED HELP

We are currently stranded, with a broken air bag, in the Baltimore Ravens parking lot and could use any info on local/area service people. Any name/number would be useful. Thanks Huh

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

Larry, you might try private messaging member - Bill N.Y -, He has an "on the road" truck repair service in the New York area and may be able to recommend someone in the Baltimore area.

#146 - 87 40' Tag 8V92TA DDEC
towing Toyota RAV4

Larry, give Newell a call on their 24 hour hot line. They should be able to help you out. 1-888-363-9355

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Larry,

I had a similar situation in Titusville, FL. I called Newell, they sent me 2 air bags and I had an RV shop install the new air bags. Only 1 bag blew; it was on p/s drive axle. I had the mechanic change both air bags on the drive axle since he already had the wheels off.

It took about 2 hours to do everything. Luckily, I was in a paved parking lot and not on the side of the highway!

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

Thanks for the info Tuga. I guess we can consider ourself lucky as we are in a huge paved parking lot and hopefully we can find the airbag locally. In the meantime we're taking advantage of the holiday and are about to tour the inner harbor of Baltimore.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

hi larry,

i sent you via email and will post here the list of bus repair facilities in maryland.

i have the book of bus repair facilities that bus drivers use when they are on the road.

here is the two pages from maryland. my version is 5 years old, but i would imagine they dont change much.

call me if i can help in any way

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

i looked online for an update and they appear to be online now.

http://www.busgarageindex.com/

you can go look at what facilities are available online.

tom

Thank you so much for all the help! Let me tell you about a Newell owner, Tom Milner, a team owner, winner of numerous racing titles under his team PTG located in Winchester, Va about 110 miles from Baltimore. When he heard of our situation he had 2 of his great mechanics remove an air bag from his Newell and bring it to Baltimore and replace our broken one with his good one. In addition he ordered 2 new ones from Newell so that his can be replaced and we can have our "used" one replaced if we desire when we visit his facility tomorrow. We are back on the road thanks to his generosity! Just another great ending thanks to another wonderful Newell owner. Special people, for sure!

larry, that is really great. you have sure developed some wonderful friends and it shows by what they are willing to do for you.

glad it worked out ok

later

tom

Great ending to a awkward situation! Gotta love those that step up and help. I and Connie will alway remember what Richard, Tom and other did for us in Creed. Connie thinks of that every time she drinks coffee in passengers seat moving down the bumpy road.

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin