You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2003 Newell 45'

Hi Guys,

I saw this 2003 45’ Newell and saw something I’ve not seen before and have included an attachment. Thats the generator right? I’ve never seen one in front of a coach before, wouldn’t it generate a lot of noise into the coach?

I've included the address for the website as well.

What do you guys think of this coach?

http://motorhomesoftexas.com/coachrv/new...-45--P1159

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Chappell lives in Nacogdoches and if you ask him nicely he might go look at it for you Smile
I bought my '98 from Motorhomes of Texas and was pleased with the deal we made with my '93 Newell for trade.
Couple things about this one: it has the raised roof just past the drivers seat, nice option. It has 3 roof airs but they are not ducted like Newell does, if you're handy or know a carpenter it wouldn't be hard to build a panel to hide them like Newell does, it has the 2 compartment door with vents in the front on drivers side so may or may not still have the basement airs. The generator in the front is standard, some of the newest ones have it in a side compartment. They are fairly quiet especially if they have air bag mounts. The exhaust for the generator and Aquahot is on the roof. It has the curved entry steps which adds 1 more step so they aren't as steep. This one has the rear closet and mid bath, it only has 1 toilet.
When you get serious check out the battery ages and tire DOT dates. That's about 7-10 grand is they need replacing.
In case you haven't noticed yet we LOVE to spend someone else's money!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Hi Folivier,

Great information and I thank you for it. I didn't realize until after making the post that its not a bath and a half and that's a deal breaker for me.

I've heard "raised roof" mentioned a couple times and can only guess that means more interior height?

Harry

Most all Newell had the gen in the front with the mid entry coaches. Then when they started doing the front entry coach they move the gen to the side

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

the coaches with raised roof have more headroom for sure. if the coach has roof air, you lose a little headroom. my 02 with basement air has 7 1/2' celings everywhere except the rear bath (6" lower) and the front salon. part of it anyway. it is about 6-8 lower

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Foodsman, you stated that not having a bath and a half was a deal breaker. My 2001 does not have two commodes, but my coach only travels with one or two persons (not a family), and the added closet space and king size bed in lieu of the extra commode closet is preferred. Here again, you may want to think about how and who will travel in the coach and do your really want to limit your options by ruling out a single commode floorplan? I would have much preferred roof air vs basement air, but I have basement since the coach met all of my other needs as well as price.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester, I yield to your advanced inteligence and would consider a 1 commode abode!

Foodsman typically in the late 90s to early 2000 models the single bath will be more common and priced lower than the 1-1/2 bath. My wife and I full-time with our single bath and only on mornings after all you can eat taco nights is there ever a problem Smile But if you have kids or have visitors frequently then the extra 1/2 bath is nice since you can close off the bedroom. Most rv'ers respect other peoples bathrooms and will not ask.
This is kinda like having 2 sofas or 1 sofa + recliner. I passed on Richards coach because of the 2 sofas. Really liked the second bath but like my recliner more. And having a washer/dryer is a must for my wife.
You're asking the right questions and since most of us are retired we don't mind sharing our opinions.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thanks for the info Forrest,

What I really need to know more about is the "all you can eat taco"! We can deal with the following morning later, but I can do all you can eat taco's! Smile

This coach looks like it had basement air and then was converted to roof airs. Look for interior sweating and draining issues if PVC roof drains were installed. I know 2 other coaches who did this at Newell. Talk to Bill Johnson #653 as he has both and did a good job of marrying the two together. My 646 is very similar to this coach except I have the 2 bathrooms, Howard Power Steer and a wonderful full time wife, so the 2 baths are mandatory. After 4 years full time in our Newell we still love it more than any other coach we have had or I have driven including many newer Newells. 2003 and 2004 are the finest finished product years in many opinions and the 03's only lack the steerable tag or they would be perfect..

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border