You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach 423 "rare" Bath and 1/2 Bath owners Dave and Marjorie

Hi everyone, was a poster on the LCL site for two years and finally decided to sign up for this site. Wondered where everyone went? LOL. For those who do not know us, we are Dave and Marjorie formally from Hilton Head Island, SC but now wherever the wheels take us. Yes, retired and full timers 365 days a year! We are on our 16th month full timing and have traveled over 25,000 miles in our Newell all around the country during that time.

We purchased coach #423 from Dick Brooks' daughter and son in law in Oct 2012. Dick was the original owner and was a famous Nascar Driver winning Talladega, but retired long before he built this one. He was also a famous MRN announcer known as "Brooksie". This was his 3rd Newell. He owned over 13 car dealerships and 6 Hilton Garden Inn hotels, as well as a few yachts and really knew his Newells.

The coach was a time capsule with most everything original when we purchased it. It had 65k miles. We have changed that, putting in over $30,000 updating everything from to complete interior remodel, to new tires, batteries and many engine, chassis and house components.

From what we have researched and learned from Karl Blade when we were at Newell for service, this was the first true Bath and 1/2 bath ever made! He believed there were two others after ours with no slides and that's it.

Been so traveling, really haven't had much time for the site, but now we are sitting for a month in Newport, Oregon relaxing, taking a vacation from our vacation Smile so will catch up. Will be happy to post pics of everything we have done once I figure out how.

Dave and Marjorie, & Gus and Angel (our cats)
#423 Bath and 1/2 Bath Newell
Fiat 500 Sport tow car

Dave and Marjorie, Gus & Angel (our Tonkinese cats)
Newell Coach #423 - 45'11" "Rare" First full Rear Bath and mid 1/2 bath produced. Full timers since 03/2013.
Find us on Facebook Our Life on the Road

howdy, glad you found us. hopefully you can put pictures of your coach in the gallery so we can all have a look.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Dave and Marjorie,
Glad you joined us.

I know that your coach and #435 were both no slide, bath and a half. Still looking for the third one. There was an unusual 1992 (#307) that had a mid coach shower and 2 mid coach 1/2 baths but not the traditional bath and a half we think of.

Really like the improvements you have made to #423. It looks great.

On each persons profile (click on your name after Welcome Back which is just below the header at the top of the page), on the left side in the box with your username is a link to your gallery.

Here is a link to the Gallery for all users.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thanks Tom, added about 20 pics to my gallery.

Michael, from what Karl told me, the other two bath and 1/2's were only 42' if that helps. Mine is 45'11". He also said there were only two "rear" baths and 1/2's so that might be what he was talking about. Just added some pics to the gallery. How do I edit my profile, avatars and such?

Dave and Marjorie, Gus & Angel (our Tonkinese cats)
Newell Coach #423 - 45'11" "Rare" First full Rear Bath and mid 1/2 bath produced. Full timers since 03/2013.
Find us on Facebook Our Life on the Road

Michael,

I don't know if this helps, but I once looked very hard at a 97 no slide bath and half. Based on receipts I found in the manuals, it originally belonged to one of the Bodine brothers of NASCAR. I am sorry but I have not seen or heard of that coach since it sold.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Welcome Dave n Marjorie. Glad you finally found the time to join us. I've been following your travels on Facebook.
Next year we plan to do the Pacific Northwest so would like some recommendations on campgrounds.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thanks for the information Dave and Richard.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Welcome and the photos show a delightful coach and well done.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

very nice. it looks very homey and comfortable. i like it a lot

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Question Dave and Marjorie, do you have issues with the free standing chairs and TV cabinet moving around while traveling? I have replace the carpet with wood floors and I have to strap the desk chair and the barrel chair down to keep them from taking on a life of their own when we are in motion.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com