You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Mouse: 2, me: 0

Got a little mouse in the basement. I surprised him the other day when I opened the door. So I put out 2 glue traps with peanut butter. He evidently really likes peanut butter because the little rascal ate it off of both glue traps and left plenty of skid marks on the glue. So Cindy went to wally world and could only find these newfangled traps. Apparently the mouse goes into a door and around the inside to eat the peanut butter, the cheapo plastic spring is supposed to slam the door shut and trap him inside then you throw the whole thing away. Well the mouse apparently suffers from claustrophobia because he popped the top off of the "no mess, no view, humane" trap and escaped! Right now I just want the little bugger gone so I'm going look for a victor trap. So what if he suffers? He's a darn rodent!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

It's a cruel world forest

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Try one of the "newfagled" electric traps. Battery powered and use electrocution to deter the critter from further depredations.

Hmmm, looked at them but kind of hung up on "humanely kills". I want it to SUFFER!
If the old time victor traps don't work I might buy a couple and try them.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Another method I have heard about but not tried is; place some peanut butter on a wood block and float it in a plastic pail of water. Make sure water level is low enough to not allow mouse to climb out and high enough for mouse to drown. Place a wood plank from floor to just past edge of pail to give mouse access to jump in to get the peanut butter. Not certain, but drowning may provide the higher level of terror & suffering you are seeking!

Forest, if you can see it just shoot it. That is what we do in Texas.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Chappell it's a mouse not a javelina!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest, rats and small snakes is what they make 22 cal. rat shot for. You can get 38 cal rat shot if you REALLY hate them.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Don't forget the "tried & true" Dirty Harry .44 magnum (available in snake shot). "Go ahead mouse, make my day!"

A 12 gauge would be more effective.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica