You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air Conditioning

I just finished putting my front A/C back in. It seemed that #2 compressor in the front was not working properly. I noticed this while at the rally in Ark. When I got home I put an amp. meter clamp on the wires and was not pulling the proper amps on #2. So called my A/C man ask him to help me and he did. I would not be able to get it out by myself. So I got it ready to pull out the he came over and found that it had a leak at the expansion valve. Repaired it, charged it and now is working great.
One thing I noticed and had never paid much attention to before and that is the #1 compressor pulls from the line 1 and the other 3 compressors pull from line 2. I guess to balance off this the frig. and microwave etc are connected to line one. Have not checked this out.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

What line does your inverter feed?

Jimmy

Did you have your a/c guy extend the charge ports to outside of the case?
When Newell changed out my compressor last year I had them extend the ports for both compressors outside of the case so they can be checked & charged without removing the unit.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest, on this unit they were extended already. The other unit the ports are not extended.
Ozarkguy, I think it is line 1 but not really sure. The inverter is a 2800 Outback is not what came with the coach.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

glad to hear your a/c problem wasn't the disaster mine was and still waiting for broken drip cups and a new shroud that the installer destroyed hauling up a ladder.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Larry, sorry to hear about your A/C problems. Are you still in Az? The last few days here in E. Texas has been really cool. Breaking all kinds of records. In the low to mid 70s. Want last however.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

My compressors are split equally. Two on L1 and two on L2. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Russ, that is way I figured they should be. Being the same year coach and only 25 #s different you would think they would be wired pretty much alike. Both my units are on the drivers side. It was built as a handicap coach with a wide entry door. So i figured the units were put on the left side because when the door was opened all the way it would cover over half of the vent of the A/C door. I really don't feel the units need the vents in the door so much, being there is expanded metal vents in the floor in front of the condenser. You are more an expert of this than I am. I guess one way is as right as another. It will be good to hear from some others on this.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

(07-19-2014, 09:47 AM)qcj Wrote:  Ozarkguy, I think it is line 1 but not really sure. The inverter is a 2800 Outback is not what came with the coach.

So because your # 1 compressor is separate and on the inverter circuit, you can run the A/C off the inverter??? Have you tried it??

Jimmy

No, I have not but will. I'm going up there right now and try it.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot