You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

How many coaches the other guys build?

No relationship between Silver Eagle and American Eagle. Silver Eagle Bus Manufacturing, Inc. has been building buses for almost 50 years. Continental Trailways (the bus carrier) used Eagle buses. Any Silver Eagle motorhomes were originally buses that have been converted to motorhomes.

American Eagle, a division of Fleetwood Motorhomes, didn't come along until 1991 and has always been built as motorhomes and have never been built as buses.

Lots of Eagles flying around. ;-)

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Foodsman,
The Silver Eagle is a model within the Eagle Bus co. Eagle started in the '50's in Belgium I believe. In the 70's they went international. The last I knew they were building / modifying busses in Tennessee mostly for the Entertainer bus market. They are very well built with a Steel frame and Aluminum body panels. They feature a unique rubber Torsilastic suspension.
American Eagle is a fiberglass motorhome built by Fleetwood.

Foodsman,
The Silver Eagle is a model within the Eagle Bus co. Eagle started in the '50's in Belgium I believe. In the 70's they went international. The last I knew they were building / modifying busses in Tennessee mostly for the Entertainer bus market. They are very well built with a Steel frame and Aluminum body panels. They feature a unique rubber Torsilastic suspension.
American Eagle is a fiberglass motorhome built by Fleetwood.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.