You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

The full time dream!

If Darlene makes them, it's worth the price!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Didn't mind paying twice the price for the view and ambiance......one of our best trips there yet.....

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

That park I assume is also the shot of your coach on our website as well. Do they take reservations or is it first come first serve? Man that really looks awesome. I wish we were closer to the ocean but we are so far away.

Clarke I have not paid attention to diesel prices since our coach is in winter hibernation mode but I saw a sign the other day for unleaded near our house for $1.95. What's the price of gas on the coast now?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Flick,
That is a special place in Ventura County, no reservations just catch as catch can. This time of year much easier 1st of the week to midweek but after that it does get much harder. We talked to some campers last year that had the same spot for the entire summer, they just called the next in line to let them know when they we leaving and so on.
We had talked with Clarke about the Parkway but didn't find this place until we were on our way home from Morro Bay. Now we always try to stop here on way home from Morro Bay. It is a great place to spend the night or two with restrictions to length of stay by the time of year (5 days in Summer and 14 days in winter) and it looks like it is now $28.00/Night. Dry-Camping but the views are fantastic and most spaces have easy beach access.

I just looked and the Diesel is at $2.59/Gallon in Hemet, CA. If it gets much lower we are going to fill up and do some tripping!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Here in the "Inland Empire" (Riverside and San Bernardino Counties) in the Ontario area unleaded regular is as low as $2.39/gallon. Diesel near me is down to $2.69/gallon I put in 75 gallons in Carson City, NV last week at $2.79/gallon....almost a $100 savings over a few months ago.

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

Arrived at Newell House after a 307 mile drive from Riverside, CA on January 21st.  We are having a great time with Tom and Darlene, as we always do, and have enjoyed a wide variety of weather so far.  As I write it has been raining steadily for about 16 hours, but we have had numerous days in the 70's and 80's in between.  Thursday we drove up to Prescott, AZ to trade Brian dinero for his three 5 gallon drums of Delo 100 40wt oil, and then spent time in Old Town Prescott.  We have never been to Prescott before as it has been, so far, a little off our travel path when we have been near before.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

it is fun having clarke and elaine here.

we are thinking they will not be able to leave for a month or two.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Maybe they'll still be there when we show up in about 3 weeks? That'll be fun!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Ahem, does that mean that Forest and Cindy are hitting the road again?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Yes they are. But not in the coach.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337