You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Classic stepwell

I finally finished my step well today. I tiled the stringers and risers, the treads are plywood with an oak nosing keyed together then the same flooring inserts on top. The black is just rubber runner.
I had new stainless bent for the top edge. The top tread is removable to access the wine cellar underneath.

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

Very Nice!

Jimmy

Looks fantastic!

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

That is great. Now I am ashamed of my carpeted steps.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

very nice.
Roppe rubber makes treads for the steps. Beats carpet any day

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Very nice Blend of wood, stainless, and the glass mosaic. Well done!!!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I like it Retro!!!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

VERY nice!

like richard said, the mixture of glass tile, stainless, wood and rubber treads is stunning.

the cool thing about the glass tile is that you wont have any cracks on them that you can see.

do you fab your own stainless?

and lastly, will you please move with all your gear to wittmann, az?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thank-you for the kind words! I looked everywhere for stair treads, finally found the wood parts. Not sure if I I'm happy with the rubber caps or not, but with 5 kids running in and out it needs something. I was going to go with the full rubber tread but there's not much for selection in this neck of the woods.
I had my local sheet metal guys bend the stainless in an 8' length, I coped the parts, drilled and countersunk the screws so there flush. The original steel on the stringers was warped from when they welded the steps in when it was new so I reskinned them with 10 guage steel. Made them nice and flat and solid. I welded a spacer to it for the step light to raise it about a 1/4" so I could tile up to it and grout it flush with the tile.

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd