You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Well I stuck her.

On my way to ozark rv resort (2014 Newell gurus get together site )I Was turning into Casey's for fuel in berry vile in the rain and it was dark ,I successfully stuck the front skids on the entrance to the fuel station and the rear skids on the road. The drive wheels were barely touching. I was pulling the boat at the time.

Wrecker time!

He lifted one side so the drives in the air and put wood blocks under them then did the otherside and I was able to back of the entrance. Was blocking3 lanes of traffic for 90 mins on hwy 62.

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Lucky you didn't hit the oil pan or shear the plug. How did the Aqua Hot and Generator exhaust pipe fair through this ?

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Could you have pumped it up higher to get off or were you at full height? I cringe when I think of calling a wrecker! Hope there was no damage to that beautiful coach!

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

Marc you'll be the talk of the town!! I'll watch the paper... Not too many Big Rig friendly stations in the area. Always fuel the Prevost out of the area because of that little issue...

Jimmy

No damage, thanks to the hitch Newell put on the bus. Guy asked for 200 he settled for 150...

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Glad to hear that there is no damage.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Hey Mark, you passed over the most important question of all... Did you get the fuel? Tongue

Marc, for whatever comfort it provides, I did the same thing in Denver in July. The big wrecker used two winches to left me up by the frame at the hitch and eased me back until the wheels were on pavement. Fortunately no damage except to my pride.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Just out of curiosity, are most wrecker drivers that good? It sounds like both of you had seriously good people working with you and your coach.

Is that the exception or the rule?

Harry

Wrecker drivers are generally pretty good for the most part. They don't want to have to pay for any damage they do to a towed vehicle. Bigger the vehicle, bigger the damage cost as a general rule.