You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Having an air problem

I know these can be opened or closed and my problem is that after the compressor runs and stops the solenoid stays open and air is evacuated and the compressor comes on again in 15 minutes, normally every 50 minutes. This happened exactly the same way 2 years ago and by the time I was able to address it of course it stopped and went back to normal. since yesterday this has been going and I guess I am hoping like last time it will eventually close and open when it's supposed to. I did start the engine and filled air up and there are no apparent leaks except the exhaust of the solenoid.

OK, Should I replace it and do they come with the compression fitting and air line attached ?? Will the outside temp ever affect these as it is 110 here ? Any good source or I will call direct and see if they will sell to a consumer. Any ideas on how to trigger or reset it ?
Richard please feel free to pipe in. I did try bangin on it with no change.lol...
Here is a picture of it direct from compressor line

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Larry I installed this one over the winter. My air compressor didn't have an auto drain and the old one was leaking. I read about the solenoid drain and found this one. It works good, doesn't need power, and is cheaper. When it fills up the float opens the drain and it dumps water automatically.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0078SE...UTF8&psc=1

Read through this thread, it describes the solenoid dump and also describes where/how I mounted mine with pictures.
http://newellgurus.com/Thread-Auxiliary-...-Separator

Also reading your post again, do you have a check valve downstream of the air filter? If not or if it is leaking adding a check valve will keep air pressure in the coach system from releasing when the solenoid opens to dump water.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

You will have to bleed all the air pressure from the coach to do this. Take the coil off by unscrewing the thumbwheel on the right side in your pic. Then take the valve apart, being careful to keep the parts in sequence. Clean up the parts, and lube them very lightly with silicone. Reassemble and see if that fixes it.

I think that this is the valve that exhausts air after the compressor cycles. Right? So you are blowing wet air sometimes, and any trash from the air system through the valve. I am guessing it's gunked up on the inside.

If you by a new one, it will not come with fittings, so make sure if you want to use the exact setup you have to buy one with the same size pipe.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Larry those are made of metal now instead of plastic

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589