You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Black Hills Mini Rally?

The FMCA ends in Gillette on Saturday, June 22nd, and I am not sure if we can get out sometime on the 22nd or blocked in until the 23rd. I would like to leave on the 22nd if I can get out. Todd's post on Oct. 30th gave the dates Sunday, June 23rd to the 29th, and the post on Nov. 1st set the dates as Sunday, June 22nd to the 29th. I hope the date is the 23rd so that we can be sure of getting there.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester the dates are the 22 -29. No worries though as you can call and reserve whatever days you want in that time. Our official rally isn't until the end of that week. We will probably get there Sunday or Monday as well because we are going to stop in Valentine, Nebraska on the way and tube the Niobrara River with our kids. I will put the number to call and prices out there this weekend.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

BLACK HILLS MINI RALLY JUNE 22-29

We are set for our rally. I wanted to get this out so people can begin to make their reservations. I have pasted the details from The Elkhorn Ridge below. I will compile a list of things to see and do over the next few months and post that as well. Our crossover dates when we would like everyone to be there is the last 4 days (June 25-29). The Black Hils is a very beautiful area and the people are great so I know you will all have a great time. I look forward to meeting you all.

20189 US Hwy 85 · Spearfish, SD 57783 · 605.722.1800 · 877.722.1800 · www.elkhornridgervresort.com

Todd Flickema will be the primary contact for the Newell Gurus Rally. Each member of the group will make their own reservations.

RV SITE 52.50/night + tax = $56.97

A 10% discount is provided for guests who have AAA, Good Sam, military, or education cards.
Cancellation policy for group reservations is as follows:
Deposits will be refunded for cancellations 60 days prior to the event.

Elkhorn Ridge Resort has a variety of amenities your group may wish to enjoy. There is a full sized heated swimming pool, kiddies pool, 2 hot tubs, lighted basketball and tennis courts, volleyball, and horseshoe pits.

We have 2 shower houses, which include laundry facilities.
The entire Resort is paved, and the RV sites each have full hook up.
If you would like to reserve the Pool Shelter and Gazebo area for an evening you may do so at no charge.

We have a full-service Liquor Store, grocery, and gift shop. Propane fill up is available Monday – Friday from 9:00 – 4:00.

If your group would like to have a pie social we have delicious fruit pies that we will bake on site. Just let us know how many, and we will make sure you have a tasty dessert or lunch snack.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

thank you todd,

did you get spots reserved so we can all be together?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thank you Todd.

I'll alert my social director.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Yes they are all together spots #78 to 94. She was very enthusiastic about us coming so i imagine they are good spots. I did not ask her how long they would hold those for us, but I will. I think anyone who believes they will go should grab a reservation now since as you saw on my post that it can be cancelled 60 days prior.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

good, now i need to start compiling the list of things i will need fixed while we are all together. the richard list, the steve list, the michael list, etc.

we are planning on arriving sat the 22nd. and stay the entire week most likely. we are going to powerdrive up there and then spend a week driving home.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

We will make our reservation on tomorrow. We are planning on arriving on June 22 & leaving on June 30. Looks like fun!

I'll bring the tool for the compartment door gas springs, so if any one needs new ones installed bring your replacements.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Too bad we will most likely be out of the area by then. We should be in the area around the 12th or so to see Rushmore and then off to Yellowstone. No worries just a little too long for a vacation.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

After looking at their web site, which includes their rates for 2012/2013, they have a weekly rate for $288 a week. That is a considerable discount over their daily rate.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531