You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New to group...looking for a Newell

Hello all! NEWBEE HERE. I am looking to buy a 2001-2006 Newell Coach . I want 3 to 4 slides and my budget is $150k to $250k. No trade. Sold my American Eagle and I want wood tone interior and steerable tag axle. I missed the one in Congress AZ last week that would of been perfect for me. Glad to be part of the group, hopefully an owner soon!

For steerable tag you have to be a 2004 or newer and some ok for the first 01 did not have it

Welcome to the group

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Welcome!!

Coach 671, the first 2004, was the first Newell with the steerable tag. Coach 681 was the second Newell with a steerable tag. Coach 685 was the 3rd Newell with a steerable tag. Beginning with Coach 697, all Newells have the ZF suspension which includes the steerable tag. Typically, 2004 and newer will have either 3 or 4 slides. As I recall, the one in Congress, AZ was #660, a beautiful triple slide but without the steerable tag.

Good hunting.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Welcome,

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mot-production/v...1400186153

Not exactly what youre looking for but close.
Several on this site have been pleased with their experience at Motorhomes of Texas.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Call Motorhomes of Texas and build repore with a salesman, I like Mel.

MOT sells more coaches before they make it to the website. So knowing what you are interested in could get a call regarding a coach of interest that is on its way and you could be there at its arrival.

MOT does a good job of PDI. They can repair or install almost anything you want including paint touch up at a Prevost approved painter.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

We flew down last week to look at that 2004 Newell at MOT. It needs alot of work! Great price for someone who wants to go through the reconditioning it needs. It had lots of structural rust that was hard for me to figure out how to fix properly. New paint job looked great. MOT is a very nice dealer.

There is a lot of room for Newell to improve their chassis rust and corrosion resistance. I would have thought by 2004 they would have improved considerably. The foam on the bottom can hide a lot of problems and makes it difficult to see the condition of the metal. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

I agree Russ. Mine is clean but several I looked at were not. The bays leak and usually don't have drains so the water sits in the bottom and it eventually rusts. I haven't seen new ones but in general the bay doors could be much improved to keep out moisture.

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff