You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Poll: When Do You Use Your "Tag" Axle - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
When driving on soft material
12.50%
12.50%
When driving on irregular roadways
0%
0%
Anytime parking or backing
0%
0%
Not at all, except emergencies (Tell your Emergency story)
87.50%
87.50%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

When do you use your "Tag" up ?

With things being so quiet, I thought it time for another Poll on how and when you use your "Tag"......

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

I only press the button to test the indicator light. Never used it in practice and don't plan too. I am pretty sure it would cause a time-space tear if I actually tried it.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I consider the function "dump tag" or "fill tag". I have only used the "dump tag" when replacing the tag air bag. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Never. It seems to always scrape. Way too low. I do use the raise quite often not for tag but for all air bags.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Got stuck going up a steep hill in a snow storm. Locked the diff, and raised the tag, went on up the hill. Spent several hours reassuring Rhonda that we didn't almost die.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I use the tag unload switch when I have to make a tight slow turn. I have rarely needed additional weight on the "drives" for traction but that would be another scenario where I would use the tag switch.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I would think steer tag coaches would have a big impact if we dumped the tag. Would lose a lot of the turning advantage

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I do not have the ability to lift the tag. I do have a switch to put more weight on the tag if necessary. This is for axel weight in certain states if needed I am told.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Hey Doug how are you? How things goin

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Doug, that is the way all of the Newells with the ZF (steerable tag axle) suspension work that I have seen. No dump, only a way to take weight off the drive axle.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com