You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Window shade ideas

I'm looking for some ideas for window coverings. Right now we have some 80's vintage shades that are looking tired and really tacky blinds on the door and over the kitchen sink. Next winter I will begin replacing all the shades when we have the seats and couches reupholstered.

Since our's is a 70's coach I'd like to be retro/modern (is that actually a look?) Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Bob

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bob Kopicki
1972 Newell Chauffeur
1964 Land Rover 88 Series IIa TOAD

Bob do you have tracks above the windows that would have been used previously for curtains that slid back and forth? We have and 84 that we renovated and it had these pull by hand curtains over every window. Then there is a valance above each so you don't see the very top of each curtain. We also have the same on the door.

I will see if I can find some pics or if I get to where it is stored I can take some pics. Clarke and Elaine's are the same as mine. The valances are simy just wood tacked together and covered in a material. The curtains hang from small grooved tracks and the hangers in the curtains are plastic and sewn in. I would think you could get these most anywhere. I have found many of the interior pieces needed at marine companies as it seems many of the items were also used in high end boats. Since we were replacing existing curtains we just picked out material with a lady that sews curtains and she used the old ones as patterns. I am sure a good seamstress though could measure your windows and do it from scratch with no problems. Each of our windows is lined with blackout material which I highly recommend.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Bob if you google East Marine that is who we used. On their search engine type in Windo Track and you will see loads of example of the tracks and hangers. These are similar to the curtains and tracks in the front of your coach that probably are used to close the front window when you are camped at night.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I had tried my hand at interior design in an 89. Used Hunter Douglas blinds with two types of material, one was as in the picture and the second was an opaque material to reflect heat infiltration. You could have them both down, up or alternate between. It worked great.

I made the phantom wall, as Newell calls it, and upholstered in a fabric to tie colors together.[attachment=2738]

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567