You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Suspension Tires & Wheels

Last week we visited the factory and had a sway bar installed on the rear of the coach. Now are on a shake-down cruise at Brownsville, TX (River Bend RV Resort, where we own a lot). Have ordered Road King shocks and they should be delivered in about a week. Will get them installed and let everyone know what we think. We may be the first to put Road King Shocks on one of the older Newells. The boys at Newell said they've only put them on newer Newells with the ZF Rear Suspension. Lost 2 hub caps, most of the lug nut covers on the way down in the awful roads in Tulsa, Oklahoma City, and Dallas!

Ed & Lynda Perkins
2002 Newell #638 (4 slides)
Tow 2012 TDI VW Jetta Car
2015 Mazda 6 Sedan
1998 F250 Work Truck
Pontoon boat, 2 John Deere Tractors and a golf cart!!!

That's odd! The factory said that Road King shocks would not fit my coach. I wonder if they have re-thought that!!!?

Ed,

I hope you are enjoying that sway bar! When I had one put on, it made all the difference! Funny thing is that my coach had a front sway bar, but not a rear when it was built.

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill,

Call Road King yourself as I know another Newell owner did for specs. The Newell owner I know did the job himself as he is in the trucking Biz and has the shop. His is a 2005 coach... I don't think I could improve my ride anymore and the cost scared me off.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

(10-27-2014, 07:34 AM)PlazaGuy Wrote:  Last week we visited the factory and had a sway bar installed on the rear of the coach. Now are on a shake-down cruise at Brownsville, TX (River Bend RV Resort, where we own a lot). Have ordered Road King shocks and they should be delivered in about a week. Will get them installed and let everyone know what we think. We may be the first to put Road King Shocks on one of the older Newells. The boys at Newell said they've only put them on newer Newells with the ZF Rear Suspension. Lost 2 hub caps, most of the lug nut covers on the way down in the awful roads in Tulsa, Oklahoma City, and Dallas!

Went to the factory Monday, the 15th for installation of the Road King Shocks. It took them 11 hours and they had to make some modifications to make them work. Am very happy with the performance of the coach on the way home. Less noise and better handling. Our rear shocks were absolutely shot. Also had a couple of other little things done.

Ed & Lynda Perkins
2002 Newell #638 (4 slides)
Tow 2012 TDI VW Jetta Car
2015 Mazda 6 Sedan
1998 F250 Work Truck
Pontoon boat, 2 John Deere Tractors and a golf cart!!!

That's great Ed. Glad to hear that they made a difference and that you are pleased with the results.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com