You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

110 compressor

Anyone know of a good place to buy a 110 compressor I think mine died

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Marc,

Make that two. My two year old Thomas quit building pressure though it runs. I re-installed the old one and now I have air. I have looked for rebuild kits to no avail. If you search on Grainger, you can find it but $$$$.

What kind do you have now?

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

If the motor is ok the compressor is not hard to rebuild. Here is my grandson rebuilding mine!!!!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Thanks for that!....source for rebuild kit?

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I got our Gast compressor from Grainger. Get the extended warranty if you get one there. They are great to work with if compressor starts to fail to build air pressure. Simple to exchange or they will drop ship new one to your location. I now am running a check valve downstream from the desicant/dryer, so hopefully the compressor will last a little longer by keep higher engine compressor pressure off of the Gast heads.

Not sure of the name, but mine is the dental type compressor located in the generator box. I purchased a new on on eBay for pennies on the dollar. Carry it as a spare.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I replaced my Gast about a year ago and notice that the new one had a capacitor on top of the motor, which the old one did not. I hope that will enable it to last longer??

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I found the rebuild kit but was 360$. New compressor around $550 with 8 week delivery from Thomas distributor in North Carolina. bleh!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I have had two Thomas 2688TE44/38 rebuilt by DOCS (Darling's one-stop compressor services) in Sheboygan, WI. The cost was $280.00 and the service is very professional. [email protected] phone 920-694-0273.

They rebuild several brands and sell rebuild kits as well.

I keep them as back-ups.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Gordon, Thanks for the contact! That is exactly what I was looking for!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama