You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Suspension Air Fittings and Valves

My coach had been tilting left when parked and the problem seemed most evident at the rear axle. After a whole lot of testing I determined that the K.I.P. brand travel valves on the six-pack were incapable of sealing tight. I had changed the internal spools with no change. So I ordered 2 new HWH valves at $108 each. My diagnosis efforts also indicated that the left rear HCV was leaking between the supply port and the line to the 6-pack which made the leaks from the K.I.P. valves have more impact. I replaced both HCVs with all brass ones from King. Reaching over the duals to get at them wasn't fun.

It appears any plastic body valves will last about 20 years before leaking. I'm replacing them with brass body swivel push-on connectors on the theory that another 20 years might be past my expiration date. It also appears that the KIP brand valves are not a good replacement - it's probably the internal spring being too weak.

I can go into the diagnosis process if anyone wants. In the meantime it's been 10 days and the coach remains fully upright, more than I can say for myself.[/size]

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed