You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aquahot 10 amp fuse blowing

Every time I turn on my heater in the galley/living room it blows a fuse in the aqua hot. All of the other zones/thermostat heat works. So we are without heat in the main part of coach.

I've checked all wired connections including thermostat and at Aqua hot. All seem fine.

Any one know what might be the cause?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

which fuse does it blow? Your aqua hot paper work should list the fuses (I think there are 6 auto type fuses) and what they power. If it blows when the heat tries to come on it might be the fuse for the circulation motor. I would then suspect a bad motor.
Tell us which fuse it is, and I can look it up in my aqua hot paperwork.

Peter Haggins
Courtenay BC
Canada
96 Wanderlodge 42' Mid Door

Hi peter
I believe it's the forth fuse over (left to right) but will double check in am. 10 amp fuse.

Unfortunately, I had taken out the file box with the Aqua hot manual in it while re arranging the storage bay trying make room for extra stuff for our trip and incidentally left the manual in my garage. (Now what's this Murphys Law story again? Smile.

Jason 
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

look in the documentation section and there is a service manual for our aquahot

to

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That is fuse "D" (fourth one), which is the "A" relay which is the relay for the living room pump. So for some reason it is blowing the fuse. I suspect that your pump motor for the "A" zone is not turning, and draws too much current. You might be able to free the pump if it is stuck from lack of use, or it may be time for a new pump.

Peter Haggins
Courtenay BC
Canada
96 Wanderlodge 42' Mid Door

Jason, what is the model number of your heater?

The fourth fuse from the left, the D fuse, is the fan fuse. So the problem is fan related, not pumps.

The fans in the bath and bedroom should not run with the fuse blown. Any fan can blow the fan B fuse. I understand your problem is that the bathroom and bedroom fans provide heat. The fuse blows only when the front zone calls for heat.

There are several fan coils serving the front. You can test each fan for short to ground. You can disconnect each fan and run one at a time to see which one is the overload. If you find one fan that blows the fuse, leave it disconnected and run the others till a new fan is installed. Aqua Hot forum parts banner is the click to AH parts from Roger Berke to order the new fan.

If all fans run one at a time blow the fuse, then the power wire to all fans is shorted to ground. That will be a challenge to find where that short occurs.

Good luck in sorting this out. Remember Roger is also available for support by asking a question on the AH forum. He and I can support you on AH issues but do not know the routing of the wires in the coach. This forum has the Gurus with that kind of knowledge. So if all front fans blow the fuse, here is the place to start looking for wire routing to seek the location of a short.

The rest of the system will run fine as long as a good fan fuse is in place and the front thermostat does not call for heat or the top relay is removed disabling the front zone.

A wiring diagram is on line at Aquahot.com under Library-- Discontinued service manuals-- AHE 100-02S on page 76.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Here is the fuse box:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Thanks a bunch for all your help. I will find the bad fan or ground issue. Hopefully it's just a loose wire

Jason 
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff