You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Mirror Heaters / Switch

Gang,

I recently replaced the mirrors in my coach with upgraded larger & heated mirrors with the turn signal LEDs embedded in the mirror. They even have rear facing cameras! Very cool and very pretty.

Here is my question....Do any of your coaches have a separate switch to control the mirror heaters? I have a fuse for "Mirror Heat" but have no idea how it is wired.

(When Newell installed the new mirrors, I am pretty sure they wired them incorrectly since now the heat comes on with the turn signal)

Should the heat turn on with the key...or should there be a separate switch that I would turn on in cold weather?

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Hi Bill,

My long gone Holiday Rambler had heater mirrors and each had its own switch.
I'm curious how you determined the heat is on only with the turn signal?
Did you have Newell make the rear facing camera functional to a display in the coach? If so, please tell us all about that and how you like it.
I think the more visible indications you are turning is a good things for safety. Wish my mirrors lit up for that.
Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Russ,

The rear cameras are a work in progress. I have the Silverleaf switch that Newell uses to do the switching, but am still thinking about that part. The way that I figured out about the heat was in my research I traced the wires coming from the mirror. The thick white and black wires are the heat wires and they are tied down to the main ground and Right Rear Turn terminal in panel in front of passenger. Pretty sure that is not correct.

My plan for the cams are to route the signals from the mirrors and backup cams along with a signal from an Apple TV through the switch and display on the drop down LCD monitor by driver. I want the mirror cams to show when I have turn signal on, and the backup cam the rest of the time unless I have chosen the appleTV.

The point of the apple TV is to have my co-pilot be able to pull up something on their iPad and show it to me on the LCD panel. (I know that is a lot of sugar for a dime).

Anyway...the first thing is to get mirrors wired correctly...and I am thinking that I DO want a mirror heat switch.

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama