You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Turn signal trouble

Do you have Front Signals? if the problem is isolated to the rear then yes check the Relays.

When we got our '82 I had no Rear Lights at all, Brake, Turn or Emergency. My problem was with the Combination Turn Signal/Emergency Flasher Switch. The Tail Light Wiring goes through the Switch for the Emergency Flashers and that is where my problem was, when I talked with Newell it was stated that they had problems with this Switch and there was a Replacement available (not sure if they still have it, it is a TRW part)
*****if you need to use this part contact me so that I can send information about the install!! there needs to be a minor adjustment to the Steering Wheel Adapter for clearance!*****

It has been a while since I did this repair but here is something that I found, not sure how accurate this is but it should give you an idea how the circuit works.

I was able to make a temporary repair while waiting for parts. I bypassed the emergency flasher circuit by soldering a jumper wire. If I remember correctly the downside was that the brake lights came on in the front when the emergency flashers were energized.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Messages In This Thread
Turn signal trouble - by HotRodGuy - 12-02-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: Turn signal trouble - by Fiddle-footed - 12-02-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: Turn signal trouble - by HotRodGuy - 12-02-2014, 07:01 PM
RE: Turn signal trouble - by Hotrodhornet - 12-03-2014, 07:32 AM
RE: Turn signal trouble - by prairieschooner - 12-09-2014, 08:34 AM
RE: Turn signal trouble - by HotRodGuy - 12-20-2014, 07:15 PM