You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

The Santa Claus Miracle

i know this is not related to our newells, but something magical happened to darlene and i sunday nite that i just had to share. I know we all have a vareity of beliefs and faiths, but i beleive we all share in the good feelings that come in the holiday seasons.

some of you know our family. i hope all of you can someday. we have 4 wonderful kids, one of which is our webmaster.

all of our kids are grown and have been gone from home for some time. our oldest two live in the phoenix area, and our daughter and her family having moved about 1/4 mile from us this year.

scott has lived in dayton ohio and is a 1st lt in the air force. a few months ago he was stationed at nellis in las vegas and just bought a home there, so he is a hop skip and a jump from us now.

our oldest lives about 80 miles from us at the other end of the metro area.

but....the baby, our daughter lives in singapore. we sent her to college in singapore for a while (i used to go there on business quite a bit) and she loved it there. so when she graduated from ASU she moved to jakarta indonesia for a year, then she backpacked across southeast asia for a few months this summer and then took a job in singapore.

now....santa claus. and the miracle of christmas holidays.

we had an amazing surprise last nite. our son who lives in vegas had planned a family dinner at exactly 6pm last nite as he was arriving from vegas then.

he never does that. so we were wondering what was up.

right after he arrived our daughter called us on viber (internet phone) from singapore. we were sad she couldnt be with us for christmas and it was nice to talk to her and we knew she would be home in feb for chinese new year.

then my oldest daughter (we were at her house behind ours for dinner) said a really scary looking santa claus was coming down the little private road to their house. then a short scrawny santa claus came in the house and just kinda stood there. santa didnt say anything and just stood in front of me for a couple of minutes. i had no idea who it was and after the grandkids had danced around santa for a little while i just said "who are you". then santa took the beard off and it was our daughter from singapore. she had totally surprised me and i thought i had just talked to her in singapore. i hugged her and cried for a few minutes i must admit. i am a softee for my kids.

scott had been in on it and our daughter had flown into las vegas from singapore and scott picked her up at the airport and came directly to wittmann. quite a cultural shock from singapore to wittmann. ha

that is our santa claus miracle and i hope all of you have as magical of holidays as we have had so far. this will be a christmas i will never forgot.

tom and darlene

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Such a wonderful Christmas present! Enjoy the time together. Nobody filmed it??

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Great story and a wonderful Christmas present for you Tom.

Give our regards to all the family and a special hug to Heather for surprising you.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thank you for sharing that bit of your life , Tom... Most important things!!!..........

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

That is precious!
Merry Christmas!!!

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Merry Christmas!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

That's a great piece of Christmas joy Tom and I thank you for sharing it.

Merry Christmas to one and all,

Harry

What a really sweet story Tom! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

David Brady
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare
Asheville, NC

Such a wonderful surprise, and merry Christmas from your Merxico connection.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Great story Tom! Thanks for sharing, a very special Christmas indeed!

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue