You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

drivers height question

hi all,

someone just asked me if any of the newells had adjustable pedals for the driver.

the person is a little less that 5' tall and wanted to know if the coach was driveable with someone that height.

being over 6'2" and the size of a sasquatch, it is hard for me to know if the seat in my 02 can be adjusted enough.

do any newells have the adjustable brake pedal? seems like the throttle would be easy to permanently adjust by mounting it farther back and up if needed.

is there anyone that is around 5' that is driving a newell and if so, is it comfortable?

any wisdom here?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,

As you know I'm not five feet tall, but 5'9". I did remove the swivel from under my seat because it was too tall for my short legs. The air seat also has some adjustment to make it ride a little lower. The point is that I don't think fore aft adjustment will be the challenge but rather the absolute lowest seat height that won't have the shorter persons legs dangling. That is not comfortable for the long haul. However. A small carpeted platform could be built to place in front of the captains chair. And The accelerator pedal moved to the platform, it's only three screws. The limiting factor would be the braked pedal.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

might be able to add a block of wood to the pedals. I believe there is an air valve on brake pedal. These usually have a steel plate that they are screwed to. It might be doable, though with some thought.
I wonder if lowering the seat would decrease visibility- especially for the gauges.

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

The good folks at Newell Coach have done all sorts of adjustments over the years. Maybe they could share some ideas and innovations on this matter.

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot