You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New Toilet - Waste tank hole question.

After 19 years, my microphor toilet is history.  The seals are blown and water was everywhere.  I am replacing it with a Aria Classic with no air nor 12v.

Since the toilet and the exit hole is directly above the tank, I'd like to drill a new 2 or 3 inch hole in the tank inbetween the existing 2 1.5 inch holes (see photo).  The one on the left is routing the old toilet waste line  The one on the right is for a vent.

My big question is . . . is it advised?  Will the new hole severely weaken the tank in this area since there are already 2 holes nearby?  The new proposed hole gives a straight shot down with no bends.  What do I need to know?  Thanks for your input!!!!

PS. I do have the china bowl in bone. It is in great shape. I'm in the Portland Oregon area.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1996 - 411 42'

wish I could be more help but I sure think so. When they put a hole in a Plastic Tank they install a fitting. Don't think that can be done while the tank is still in the coach and without the right tools.
good luck

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

i did have that pipe out on my 90 when i replumbed the toilet flange. there is the fitting on the tank like steve said, but at least on my, it was a friction fit for the incoming pipe and then was siliconed in.

as for cutting a new hole in between the two holes that are there already, if it was me i probably wouldnt have an issue doing it. i dont think on the top it is going to do much structurally to the tank, but that is just my opinone.

so you need to move the hole because it doesnt line up with the new toilet?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I would figure out a way to use the existing hole even thought it is at an angle.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

You could scab a piece of poly or plexi on top of the entire area in question to reinforce the top if you are concerned about structural weakness. Drill your new hole after the reinforcing plate is installed. I don't have any recommendations on adhesive, but you could look to Sika website for recommendations.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(12-31-2014, 03:29 PM)encantotom Wrote:  so you need to move the hole because it doesnt line up with the new toilet?

tom

correct!

1996 - 411 42'

I would try to keep the microphor toilet that you have. You should be able to get a rebuild kit and I know that is one of the best poop pot you can uses. I rebuilt the one in my 89 and 96 both at one time and never had any trouble after. I don't think I would cut any new hold in the tank. Why not stay with what you have? .

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

love our Microphors and still work like new

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

I had to put in some new controls in our 12V Microphor. Was not too bad of a job. We love the Microphor 12volt.

I just replaced mine last week. I got tired about worrying about having air pressure to flush the toilet.
I bought a flange for the floor that the toilet bolts to that required a 4" hole, I was able to drill the hole Offset from the original smaller hole to move it over about a 1".
That gave me enough room to mount the flange that bolts to the top of the tank, the flange on the tank   
Requires a 3" hole to be drilled in the tank, I was able to drill it straight down from the 4 " hole.
I drilled a 4" hole in a scrap piece of 3/4" plywood to use as a guide for the hole saw and screwed it to the floor where I wanted to drill the hole. Hopefully that will give you enough room.
It worked on mine. You call p.m. For my phone # if you want to talk about it.
We went camping at choke canyon lake last weekend and I am loving my new toilet. Paul

Paul and Sherry Schneider
1994 newell coach 366, 38 ft with a 8v92 ddec 2