You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Compressor Success for $154

Hi All,

It's dark here and can't post photos until tomorrow, but this little 1/2 hp California Tools compressor is quieter, faster fill time, shorter run time and 4db quieter. Of course, the feet didn't line up , but drilled new holes in a mounting plate and had to pig tail the wires that were too short, but other than that in an hour I was pumping air for the first time in  awhile. I will keep you posted if any problems in the future, but don't expect any. This compressor also weighs 5 lbs more than the Thomas making it vibrate less.Photos to follow

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Larry, glad to hear you have air again.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

very cool. nice to have cheaper options

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Glad it is working out for you Larry. Why don't you put a post with the model #, etc. in the Replacement Parts info section.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I am interested in the size measurement to see if it will fit alongside the generator. May be good to have as a spare.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

11" long 9" high 5.5" wide... These dimensions are the same as my old Thomas with the exception of the base and feet attachments which are 2" less side to side and requires 2 holes drilled ... Easy Peasy...

I am also buying and keeping a spare after I have it awhile and see how well it performs over time. So far my time measurements have stayed exactly as they were with the first test and now I have done 4 tests and sure I have no leaks or problems... Run Time is 3:00 minutes... Compressor switches on at 70lbs pressure and continues to fill to exactly 100lb (the Thomas was 70/90 ). This takes place every 157 minutes without using doors,toilets , etc... If using everything normally the cycle has begun after about 100 minutes and this is depending on what we used the 3 three times I tested "in use".. CHESTER,, I was skeptical but for $145 versus $1080 (Thomas) I was SOLD...

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Where are they manufactured?

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA