You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Sofa bed

We need/want to replace the sofa bed cushions on our '87. The frame & structure are in very good shape - so don't see the need in replacing the whole unit, unless that was the only option. 

Any advice?

Marc

marc & shari popejoy
western Oklahoma
1987 Newell #135

Are you wanting to replace them because the foam has broken down or the fabric is shot or both? I'm familiar with a local upholstery shop that can do things fairly reasonably and you could probably find one near also. I would suggest getting on the phone and calling locally and see if anyone gives you a reasonable bid. I would also check for references.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

I agree, it is probably very similar to the one in my old 87 i sold to Ed Dezz in Edmonton. He wants to bring it here for me to re-upholster sometime in the spring. Its a grey leather now. The frame and foam is in great shape its just the leather is showing its age. Finding another frame with the same quality and fit might be a challenge.
We will probably try and find a couple of nice hides and redo it with leather, not sure what color yet but it will be a top grain soft leather.
He has good taste that way. He was throwing around the idea of going with a newer coach but the way he loves his classic i will be surprised if he ever does. It really is a nice one!!

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd