You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

The motorhome saved her LIFE!

Last month I made a post called “Reflections of My first motorhome cruise” and would like to make an addition to it.

While we were together on that trip Ed related a story to me that was as painful to hear as it was joyful in its conculision.  I will leave a lot out of the story because its personal to Ed and his family but I know this is not a story unique to Ed!  He told me of other RV-er’s they met along the way with wonderful stories of their own.  This is Ed’s story but I know its a story of many!

His wife had been very sick for many years and between doctors, medications and the sickness itself her life was one of pain and little eles.  She never left home except for trips to the doctors and stays in the hospital.  He explained it as one day of sadness, suffering and bad news one day after the other with nothing else in site!

He told me how he would try to cook the things she liked but there were few times she could eat it.  Slowly but surly the woman he met in the 6th grade who he’d been married to for 52 years had little time left!  He felt helpless and worthless because there was nothing he could do but watch her get worse and worse!

One afternoon he was having his car serviced and as many of us do, picked up a magazine and starting thumbing through it!  He told me how he was flipping through a couple car magazines and picked up a boat magazine.  He was flipping through it and said to himself “that wouldn’t make it to the Grand Canyon”, the place they planned to go before she got sick...

He went to put the boat magazine down when he noticed a motorhome magazine under it and his mind exploded with “that will get us to the Grand Canyon”!  Twenty days later he told me how he pulled up in the motorhome, loaded up their things and carried his wife to the coach and laid her down on the couch.  A few days later they were looking into the Grand Canyon!

All the professionals offered his wife little chance to live and told her to get her things in order!  Now five years later, she’s packing up their home on wheels for their next adventure, the sickness is a thing of the past!  He said it was no overnight success for her, not by any means, she was very sick.  He just new he had to get her out of what was day after day of nothing but bad to worse news, to something new, different and exciting!

After about a month she was up more, eating more and laughing more!  After three months the transformation was in a word, incredible!  I’ll not soon forget the way Ed looked when he said  “I’d forgotten she could laugh, I didn’t know either of us could do that anymore”!

There are three things Ed says saved his wife, the grace of God the kindness of people along the way and the motorhome!

Harry

Very touching indeed Harry. Thanks for sharing.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

This is a AWSOME read. God Bless them.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Like!!!!

See we really do need a like button.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P