You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Vibration

(01-21-2015, 06:25 AM)Richard Wrote:  Guys. Marc is saying it vibrates at 1400 regardless of gear. I am sorry but that is not likely the driveshaft. I would suspect fouled injector first since it only does it under full throttle. Take it to cabin and have them read the codes. If it is a main bearing or other internal you want to address it now not when it fails

I should learn to read.. Your correct!! (Undecided>

Jimmy

Well problem has been identified and solved.. Fuel filter neded to be replaced. When I asked for full throttle it would stumble, starving for fuel. Changed filter vibration gone.. Thank you to everyone for your adviceSmile

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

So it was vibrating like.... constantly.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

No, only when pedal was on the floor around 14-1500 rpms..

Marc Newman

Marc

How many miles in the filter? Do you use ant additive? I changed mine at Newell with about 10K on it. It was about 3/4 full. I always took fuel at major truck stops. I was surprised.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

No, only when pedal was on the floor

That's what I was sayin...........Do you drive any other way?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

.. Doug, probably had 6-7 k on the filter. Richard ,sometimes ar stop signs and red lights I lift a littleSmile

Marc Newman

We definitely need to trade coaches Marc, you can get 2200 rpm out of the 8V92 Hybrid. I could learn to be happy idling along at 1400.
LOL

Not sure why everyone thinks I'm a speed demon. I have yet to be given a ticket that went on my record in 20 years. Lol... I have found for fuel efficiency my best speed pulling the trailer is about 63 mph. Without 65-70

Marc Newman

Marc

You just cursed yoursel! Lol

What is the fuel filter change recommendation? I always did 15?to 30k in the provosts and changed on regular maintence. Is the recirculating of the fuel that much differant or has the fuel changed that much in the last year? Is there a new additive in the fuel that is cleaning the delivery system trucks tanks pumps ect.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex