You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Polishing wheels

I will need to check, but I believe the steer 365 replacements are the Dura-Bright. If I can tell that they are, I will leave them alone.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

(01-31-2015, 05:45 PM)lbrachfe Wrote:  Only Doug's are "chrome"..... Newell only started using real all chrome wheels a couple of years ago. almost all the others stock from the factory were super bright once available to the market. pre acid wash on the sb wheel will make it new when polished, just wash off after 30 seconds and apply  cleaner. Eagle among other company's make an acid loaded wheel cleaner that works great on our wheels.

Michael , do you have the number of the first coach with these chrome wheels ???

In looking at the Coach Orders I have for a few of the newer coaches, the earliest one I find that mentions "chrome plated Alcoa aluminum wheels" is #1458, which was a 2013 model Tampa Show Coach with a Scheduled Delivery to Sales Date of 12/20/2011.  The wheels are listed in the special option section at the end of the coach-order prior to any change orders.  The first change order, which was dated 6/27/11, followed this entry.

By the Coach Order Sheet for #1467, about 5 months later, Item 509 had been added to the Order Form: Genuine chrome plated Alcoa aluminum wheels, 6 each.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Is there any way to determine if the new 365 wheels we upgraded to are "Dura-Bright" vs the regular Alcoa aluminum wheels?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

If it hasn't come off, Alcoa puts a sticker on each wheel that says "Alcoa Dura-Birght Wheels". The part number also has a DB at the end of it.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Chester the 365 rims that I bought were NOT durabrite.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Mine must not be Durabrite since there is no sticker other than the regular Alcoa sticker.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

Stickers fall off or as in my case removed. They are not just name stickers. They are designed with a chemical that will turn opaque if your wheel gets too hot .... don't know if that's a fact , but what I was told. I think the stickers get ugly after cleaning so removed them years ago.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

white diamond metal polish simply out-performs

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I hopefully will never again own chrome plated aluminum wheels. I have had to replace factory chromed aluminum wheels on a Mercedes and an Infiniti so far due to the chrome peeling. I was told by the guys at the tire shop that chroming aluminum wheels was a bad idea, something about the difference in expansion between aluminum and the chrome plating will eventually cause peeling no matter what.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

That is so exciting to hear after the 6k up charge for them. Interesting I would think Alcoa engineers would have thought of that.mnot sure of the failure rate however I have replaced one so far. A drive wheel.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex