You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Seems to be a lot of Newell's for sale

I just noticed there seems to be a lot more Newell's for sale now than any other time since I've been a member of Newell Guru.  Is that due to the winter months or it just happens to seem that way?

Thanks guys,

Harry

Similar for years but with Michael finding and posting everything he comes across on the site it may seem like a lot. There is a finite supply at all times of pre owned in the big picture (nationwide) , but also a finite amount of buyers too. They all seem to find new owners though...

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Harry,

Spring is the optimum time to position a coach for sale in some peoples opinion. The thought process being that the buyer is likely to be in the market in the early spring in preparation for the spring summer fall travel season. Prices on 2 slide coaches continue to represent the best value in the RV market today.

I won't call names, but I went into a new 420K MSRP (on sale for 350k) coach at LazyDays just for grins. It is a brand and model that is generally recognized at the upper echelon of motorhomes today. I see a lot of them on the road. I left in shock. Yes the woodwork was purty. But the walls were pressboard. The trim was plastic. Yep it was built on one of the best raised rail chassis with nice HP rated engine. I was in shock because I would have expected what I saw in a new 150K coach, not a 420K model. I couldn't help but think what a buyer could do in the Prevost/Newell/Foretravel market with 350K.

I know I am repeating a position I have taken often before, and it can't help but sounding like I drank a gallon of the Newell kool aid. But holy cow, that coach that I went in will not hold up for ten years.

I am not trying to sell you. I don't have a dog in your race. This rant is more that I had not been in new coaches for six or seven years, and when I did take the time to go into a few, I was truly shocked by what I saw.

Sorry, too much coffee this morning.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I would buy my current 12 year old coach again today over anything new I have seen for $500k. I have actually increased my value by all the updates and modifications done inside and out and both mechanically and cosmetically over the past 4 1/2 years owning her. Hard to find anything new without "pressboard" and "plastic" holding everything in place.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Yes sir, Richard and Larry you sure have the right of it...

I was in Asheville last week and stopped into Tom Johnson right down the road in Marion.  I was told they do a lot of business with the racing crowd and had a lot of high end coached including Newell's and Prevost's.

They didn't have either of them and the salesman told me they don't see many of them either.  While I was there a guy was taking a test ride in a 2007 American Eagle 42 footer and I asked the salesman if I could ride along.  I had driven my friends Newmar Essex and if I closed my eyes I don't think I could tell a difference in ride and interior noise.

All I can say is I'm happy most people don't have the opportunity I had to be in a Newell on the open road and have Richard as their tour guide.  That would put far too much pressure on the Newell marketplace as everyone would be buying them...  

You cannot compare an American Eagle and Newmar Essex to a Newell and that's for sure.  They are nice coaches but its simply not a reasonable comparison.  And Richard's was built way back there in the 90's somewhere, can you even imagine that?  Wink

Harry

I thought more about your original question concerning the number of Newell's on the market right now. I don't have hard data to support my statement, just my questionable memory. It seems to me that there have been less Newells for sale the last three years, than I remember from the time period before that.

I remember there usually being three or four complete pages of classifieds on the old classic site. I doubt that the number of newells for sale at this moment would fill two pages.

I may be imagining this.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

This time of year more mid to late 90's seem to show up.. But right now the number of 04-05 is smaller. When I bought 701 there were 4 04's for sale..now I think there are 2

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

So this would be a good time of the year for a good selection of coaches. That is good to know, thanks guys...

Hey, any time of the year is a good time to buy a Newell and they are simply built better, ride better, drive better, look better, last longer than any of the others on the market including a lot of Prevosts and Foretravels. We have had a couple of other brands, probably even the one Richard was alluding to, no names mentioned, and there is just no comparison. It had all the bells and whistles you would expect in a higher end coach, and yes there many more on the road. Only thing we liked a little better was size as it was 39 feet instead of our 47 feet.
Yes, you will have to maintain a Newell like any other mechanical device that you might live in and drive down the road at 70 mph. How many other classics do you see from the 70's. 80's. 90's on the road looking good and performing well? With the internet, every Newell for sale is listed somewhere or so it seems so the communication is much better than it used to be. Our neighbor here at Bluewater Key has a brand new King Aire Newmar that he got at Tom Johnson and while it's nice, I would not trade him for our 10 year old Newell, no way. And I know what he paid, significantly more than we did for #729! So, go figure.

Gary and Susie
2005 47' Newell #729 4 slides DD 60 Allison 6 spd
2013 Ford F-150 3.5 crew cab, eco-boost twin turbo 4x4
2010 Ford Edge AWD
Black Labradoodle, "Dude"

http://nuevomexprimetime.blogspot.com
http://www.garyrgruber.blogspot.com

(02-05-2015, 01:52 PM)Foodsman Wrote:  So this would be a good time of the year for a good selection of coaches.  That is good to know, thanks guys...

And some of them might be negotiable....

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337